We Don’t Talk About Rope Drop, No, No. A UOR and Disney Spring Break Trip Report

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I promise more photos.

2 Likes

Would you avoid it for $900?

4 Likes

The Tampa airport is nice but all the rental car locations require a train ride.

21 Likes

Bummer about the turbulence!! Glad you made it safely.

3 Likes

I would fly into Tampa any day over MCO to save money, but I know I wouldn’t have to use I-4 to get to WDW from Tampa too. My parents used to live north of Tampa and we always took back roads to WDW and when I lived in Ft. Myers I took back roads, once a month, to WDW too. Right now I use 417 to avoid I-4. DH insists on using I-4 and I just keep my eyes closed and take deep breaths :joy:

8 Likes

Oh I remember that! I flew into Tampa one time because I was going to be IN Tampa for a conference, but first bipped ™ over to WDW to have a day at AK, and then visited friends who meow in another part of FL before returning to Tampa. Returning the car was a massive PITA because of the whole train thing.

7 Likes

That’s a rude gesture! Did the kids not want their photo taking?!

4 Likes

That is such a good thing!

2 Likes

Is it? I thought that was a very common ‘kid’ pose, at least here in the US.

6 Likes

it is

ETA: common in US

4 Likes

It was rough. We were checking for vomit bags.

3 Likes

Oh. Maybe I need to change our route.

1 Like

You do the middle finger, we do two fingers. The other way round is fine.

3 Likes

Have the best time. DD & DH arrive next friday, another near miss. Sfe travels.

3 Likes

That is rough. My kids would freak out on a flight like that.

1 Like

You can check google maps for alternate routes but you need to feel comfortable. I just don’t feel comfortable on I-4 unless it’s in the middle of the night w/ no other drivers acting foolish :wink:

2 Likes

Makes note … if we ever need to rent a car in FL, DO NOT drive on the I4.

4 Likes

Rude gesture?

1 Like

I wish I could sleep on a plane

1 Like

Oh so palm out is fine, back of the hand is rude?

1 Like