WDW Transportation

I never considered it to be other than 90 before YOUR park, but now you have me wondering.

Have to say, I am jealous of all you guys that get into the parks early and catch a few walk-ons first thing! We are NOT early morning peeps and have never done a rd. If I’m honest with myself, probably never will; it just isn’t worth the fight with my night owl crew. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Disney used to sell a discounted ticket for those wishing to arrive only in the afternoons. I have many family members that would benefit from that discounted ticket, but they usually suffer me a RD. I wish it was worth it to sleep in, but the benefits to RD are soooo many and alluring :wink:

1 Like

I’ve already warned them I’m waking them before 7 EST (6 our time) to help get a BG for RotR and that we might have to get to the park early if we get a low number (fingers crossed on that one).

Maybe…MAYBE… I can pull a RD this round? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

If I can do 3x anyone can do it. Before all @bebe80 's tips I never got one only my kids did, like @Dreamer 's son this morning. SO, I believe in you!!! :wink:

4 Likes

Alright, I’m off to find @bebe80’s tips!

2 Likes
6 Likes

That is awful of Disney. One of their major (only?) benefits now is the transportation and they are trying to tell people to drive? How about more buses?

I will still be there 90 minutes early, maybe even 95 now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is this the first stop?

No it’s the last stop, I believe. Called stop #1 but the last in the route.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure Casitas is the first stop. At least, it always has been on my way back to CSR from the parks.

2 Likes

Thanks, @bebe80! I printed the pdf and am going to have my hubby and kids look it over as well as referring to it when we’re there. :smile:

2 Likes

I was just reviewing @len account of using the two-bus approach to get to HS early (bus to AK, then to Boardwalk). This might be appealing for our group of 7 since Lyft/Uber is going to require finding not just one but two rideshares in those busy rope drop hours. Also since we are as ASMo we will be fairly close to AK. What is the most direct path from the Boardwalk bus stop to the path to HS? Via the tennis courts, or is there a sidewalk along the southern wing of the building that connects to the path? Also just to confirm are there always buses back to the resorts even before AK opens?

Just an fyi if you still consider uber/lift, you can preschedule your rides days in advance so you’re not hoping for a last minute pickup. I’ve done this with uber many times. Still the two ride thing is annoying (we have 6 and pre-covid we could take an uber xl, but not now)

1 Like

Yes, by the tennis courts would be the most direct from the bus stop. There is no other connecting sidewalk to the HS path without backtracking through the lobby or getting into a locked door that only a BW guest can open. I think the early AK buses will go right back to the resorts they came from to do another AK trip or be reassigned to go from those resorts to another park opening, so that should be safe, but I haven’t done it, so might need more confirmation on that.

1 Like

It looks like you have to walk through the tennis court. Is that gate locked or need guest-only access?

I was wondering about that too but assumed you can walk right next to the fence without entering the courts, maybe not?

This is the route I usually take.

3 Likes

Thank you! Image saved.

What time would you be at bus stop for AK if heading to HS during spring break (early April)?

HS will open around an hour before official opening. So be at bus stop … maybe 2 hours, 15 minutes before that? There’s a chance you’ll hit everything exactly right and be at DHS super-early, but that’s what I’d do.

1 Like