WDW to present phased reopening plans tomorrow 5/27

Some times I’m really lucky. Last year I bought AP’s for the family just a few days before the big price increase.

Then on this past Monday, we re-booked a WDW vacation for the last week of July.

3 Likes

I know. I am sure the Task Force is sick of hearing the same details over and over, yet it has to happen this way. I think we WDW fanatics are just obsessive about the parks, and we NEED to know everything NOW. No patience here. :rofl:

1 Like

Please define. I’m not familiar with this term.

Disney is to contact those with tickets and reservations. It will be interesting to see how far out they go. I have an October reservation. Too many restrictions and masks (especially outdoors) and I’m cancelling.

Another interesting item in the blog post

As we all must work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, cast members as well as guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels.

1 Like

I will now be obsessively watching my inbox for an email from Disney telling me it is my turn to make reservations…

4 Likes

trust me, i’ll be watching my email like a hawk lol

There has never been a restriction on hotels. Disney voluntarily closed them, so they likely do not want to give up that control when no other hotel/resort is under governmental closure.

Just an FYI - when I read that they were pausing ticket sales, I ran to the convention Tix I was planning to buy and was able to get them. They may not have shut off all functionality yet.
I was just afraid that if I didn’t have them, they may change in price.

I think you only have to wear ONE mask.

:smile:

Same. I haven’t been to Florida in the summer since 1995. We can barely stand the heat and humidity in April. :rofl:. But…Disney! We miss it so much. My plans involve mostly evenings in the parks, some mornings. Never anytime between 1 and 5 pm. We were going to do more inside things like Tea at the Grand Floridian, and the NBA Experience at Disney Springs. Lots of dining. Pools and waterparks. No idea if it will happen, but I needed something to plan.

2 Likes

Not me. I’d probably go through about 20 in a day. I overheat easily and I’m sure my mask would be soaked very quickly.

You should buy a lottery ticket!! That is really good luck.

So sweet you noticed!

1 Like

Just looked at the WDW website for booking a resort stay

Show no availability for any resort for the week starting July 11th.

But it does state at the top the Resorts will re-open July 11th. So if you have an existing reservation looks like you are good to go.

Have this at the top now

Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important Information Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important Information

• Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15 .

• Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22 . Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15 . Disney Springs has begun a phased reopening. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.

• We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.

2 Likes

Well here is what the Urban DIctionary says (nothing risque here). I too only know the word in passing:

Patience is a beautiful and funny girl who will light up the room the minute she walks in. She is the girl you make your funniest memories with, but she can sometimes stray into the wrong crowd. She could be the best person in your life, or the worst, depending on how you view her. You will fall in love with her silly personality the minute you meet her, and she will change the lives of people around her. Everyone wants to be her friend, and guys simply drool over her.

3 Likes

I prefer the classic saying “Yeah yeah, patience, how long does that take to learn?”

3 Likes

People are eager to get into the action, apparently. I went to the website and saw this:

FWIW here is the presentation documents that WDW gave to the Orange County Task Force

https://ocfl.app.box.com/s/jcwvdt5dxyekx2a8nx5ym0khgm65e6hh/file/670398744590

1 Like

Would be nice if they auto enrolled you in the park for which you already have FP’s booked each day and only required an action if you want to change from that plan. I guess we will find out soon how this works. Exciting to hopefully be some of the first to be there when we arrive 7/21, but obviously a lot of questions to be answered yet.

6 Likes