WDW to present phased reopening plans tomorrow 5/27

Yes, that is my fear. No way I am paying to stay onsite with no guarantee of admission. If they aren’t going to guarantee admission, that is fine and I wouldn’t be mad or anything…but we need to know at least a month before arrival, in my opinion. I am not too interested in paying any money on my package until I know how the reservation thing works.

2 Likes

Clearly no idea about what happens to people who already have ADRs and FPPs
But I imagine going forward we’ll have to reserve the park first and only then be able to go ahead with ADRs and FPPs.

I wonder if they will replace the ADR 180-day mark with something closer to the start of your trip?

1 Like

Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22.

2 Likes

Yeah I know WDW is much more complicated than UOR. I just thought today would include some more detailed info, instead of the same rehashing of what every single park says (masks, hand washing, social distancing… as if that will be any different than what Universal already said, and what Sea World said). I am happy to know an opening date, but the middle of July honestly makes things even more complicated to me for a trip that starts 2 weeks later. I was hoping for a mid June opening, just so I knew exactly what I was getting into for late July. But now, won’t know that until much closer to trip.

Guh. My ADR day is Monday. Hopefully no changes before then. I feel like they’ll have to accommodate existing reservations somehow.

1 Like

From the new Disney Blog post

At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time.

6 Likes

Very good! This has more useful information than the Task Force presentation did. Thanks.

1 Like

Wonder what that means with my DVC rental starting the 21rst. Hopefully it still allows me to reschedule. I don’t want to be stuck with that. :frowning:

Reservations and things aren’t what the government cares about, which is what the meeting was for. The government needed to hear WDW was going to take appropriate precautions in the interest of public health.

I’m sure the WDW execs would have rather just said “yeah, same as UOR for us too” - it probably wouldn’t have flown :joy:

3 Likes

This makes me really glad that I don’t have a travel agent for my new reservation. It would be driving me crazy if I had to wait on her to give me all the information she was receiving on my reservation

Same here. So disappointed to miss Disneyland in April. Then thought, “We’ll go as soon as they reopen!” And then realized that could be a long time from now based on California’s phased approach. So booked a little trip to Florida in August instead! Still not sure we will go through with it. But it makes me feel better to plan something.

1 Like

At this point, I can only assume they will give priority to those with resort reservations. (Actually, DVC guests FIRST.) But the Annual Passholders bit has me wondering. I have an AP, technically, that hasn’t been activated…it will be activated once I arrive. I wonder if it has to be activated first to qualify? :confused:

Give it a little time. They have a million and one details to work out. That’s why they are waiting almost seven weeks to re-open.

Gotta finish re-paint the castle first.

3 Likes

They have halted all new reservations and ticket sales to focus on priority to AP, DVC owners, and people with existing reservations.

There’s more info here about tickets and reservations and such:

1 Like

This seems very fair. I made sure last night I had everything exactly as I wanted it just in case. I think this is a good sign for those with already booked trips.

4 Likes

I’d like to think that you can rearrange without penalty if your stay is while the parks are still closed.
Them being open before the parks allows people to get a nice quiet resort-only trip, but not everyone will want that kind of trip.

1 Like

I just read the Disney parks blog post on Facebook. They are stopping all reservations and ticket sales (Except DVC). Didn’t say until when. They are giving park reservation priority to those who already have tickets and reservations.

I’m glad to see that existing reservations will have a chance to reserve first. I’m not changing a thing then until they tell me to and that includes my Park Hopper passes. They can give me a refund for the difference if they want to but i’m not touching a thing

1 Like

To misquote a non-Disney movie:

“Looks like Disney’s BACK on the menu, boys!”

5 Likes