WDW Galaxy's Edge Excitement Level

Where does your excitement level rate?

• Rope drop on the 29th in my Han Solo outfit ( or Leia Buns hair do! )
  • Planning a special trip around SWGE within the next 12 months.
  • Iā€™ll make sure to swing by on my next trip but Iā€™m not buying a $200 light saber.
  • If the lines are not bad, Iā€™ll fit it into my plans, otherwise Iā€™ll avoid.
  • No interest in green people with pointy ears.

0 voters

1 Like

I went with ā€˜ā€˜Cā€™ā€™ because I canā€™t do ā€˜ā€˜Aā€™ā€™ but I wish I couldā€¦

3 Likes

I went with ā€œC,ā€ though we may actually RD RotR on 12/5. No costumes though.

2 Likes

I may have been interested in ā€œPlanning a special tripā€¦ā€ if they had actually, you know, built us a land that was actually in Star Wars.

My interest, upon seeing it opened up at DLR, has waned. Iā€™m still interested to see it. But only as a supplement to an existing trip. And even then, I probably wonā€™t mind it just being a walk-through. Rides if there isnā€™t a long wait.

2 Likes

I have a reservation from 12/14-12/20 that I made as part of a free dining bounce back in August 2019. I have an evening and a full day planned for DHS. Might drop in early one morning too if they keep the EEMH and do the Star Wars stuff. Itā€™s not a make or break for the trip. Iā€™m not willing to wait hours for any ride. If I get to do both rides, great. If not, no big deal. I would like to see the land itself.

2 Likes

We booked a trip for late September, and then 2 weeks later the opening date was announced. I wanted to cry, my Star Wars superfan husband was ecstatic. Iā€™ve now come around and am looking forward to seeing it, but still not nearly as excited as he is! Going with our 6 and 9 yo sons and have an early EEMH day planned, but until we hear how things are going in the first few weeks, Iā€™m not sure if weā€™ll visit more than once. Oh, and I think Iā€™ve talked the husband out of the $200 light saber, but weā€™ll see. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

More important than talking him out of the $200 lightsaber is talking him out of re-doing your house decorating to accommodate a $200 lightsaber as THE central element. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m totally an A also, but had to settle for B!

2 Likes

You havenā€™t, heā€™s just pretending.

8 Likes

See, Iā€™m totally excited to explore a brand new planet, which is also one of the things I love about new SW movies/game expansions ā€“ seeing how new places are imagined! I canā€™t wait!

4 Likes

The reason the Harry Potter areas at Universal are so popular is because it is just like stepping into the films. I think a lot more people would be heading to Disney if it was a land they knew. Then they could have expanded with an unknown planet. Love of Star Wars is an awful lot about nostalgia, at least for people who were old enough to see the original trilogy when it first came out.

I can see from Disneyā€™s side though it is much easier to create a whole new planet - nobody can complain youā€™ve got it wrong!

2 Likes

I am old enough to have seen the original trilogy as a kid, I can even tell you what I wore and where I sat in the car on the way to see the very first movie!

I enjoy being nostalgic about the older stuff, too, but getting something new doesnā€™t take away from the original, it just adds to it, IMO.

I know being excited about SWGE isnā€™t ā€œcoolā€ on the forums, but I canā€™t help it, Iā€™m so darned excited!!! I have mixed feelings about others not being excitedā€¦gets me down sometimes to see everyone dunking on it, but at the same time, if it means itā€™s less crowded, woo-hooooooo!! Iā€™ll have more time/space to explore!

8 Likes

I LOVED SWGE at DLR and I canā€™t wait to go back! I have trips scheduled to both WDW and DLR next year (and a possible special trip to DL once RotR opens ā€¦ weā€™ll see). It makes me happy to read about other people being excited, so thank you!

5 Likes

I voted for ā€œdepends on lines.ā€ We planned a November trip way before GE dates were announced. Weā€™d love to see it, but if GE (or HS in general) is crazy busy weā€™ll skip it this trip. Itā€™ll probably be 3+ years until weā€™re back, and by then the rides will have FP. We might feel differently if we were there for a longer trip, but with only 2 full days and 2 half days weā€™d miss out on too much else if lines and crowds are bad.

1 Like

Itā€™s nothing to do with not being cool, I genuinely believe that people would be raving about it and really excited if it was somewhere they knew from the films. Iā€™m not quite old enough to have seen the films in the cinema but I definitely saw them when I was very young and even without ever being a super fan like DH and our boys, it would mean something to me to step into the Mos Eisley Cantina for example.

It still looks incredibly well themed, but the thought of stepping into that world doesnā€™t thrill me - itā€™s not somewhere I have spent years wishing was real so I could visit it like Hogwarts or Diagon Alley.

2 Likes

Iā€™m very excited by it as well! :grin: Unfortunately we only have one day for HS on our March trip with two WDW newbies and we donā€™t want to spend all of our time in line for Star Wars. Weā€™ll see how the lines are and if there are EMH on our HS day before we decide what to do.

3 Likes

What a terrible and wonderful dilemma! Iā€™d feel very much the same way. Introducing newbies to WDW is sooooo much fun and you definitely donā€™t want them to feel like itā€™s just about long lines (especially not as a TPer when you can make it even more magical for them!).

Having said that, my sonā€™s GF is joining us on our weā€™re-going-specifically-for-SWGE trip and it is her first ever visit to WDW (She did grow up in So Cal and spent a lot of time at DL so she isnā€™t a 100% newbie) but she knew before she decided to join us that SWGE was THE priority and is okay with that. And weā€™ll have 3 days at the other parks before SWGE (my younger son canā€™t join us until then b/c of work commitments and we want to experience it all together the first time we go) so sheā€™ll know itā€™s not all crazy lines/crowds all the time!

4 Likes

I am not a Star Wars fan, yet have been on 2 trips now to Disneyland since GE opened. It is amazing! They really outdid themselves with the theming, and I enjoyed the ride quite a bit as well (finally got to be pilot on 5th time). My DD17 is not a fan either, literally knows nothing about Star Wars (except the names of the main characters from the original movies), and she too thought the land was fantastic. She liked Ogaā€™s so much our first visit that we went again 2 days later. My DS15 is excited to see it in WDW this December as he has not been yet. We are all looking forward to riding Rise of the Resistance.
I was worried it would ruin Disneyland, but it did not. Itā€™s almost like a separate park, you donā€™t remember that you are in DL when in GE, and once back in DL, you cannot see GE/barely know it is there. I love that it turned out this way. Not sure it will be the same in HS, as that park already has a much larger SW presence than DL did. Regardless, I am planning at least 1 full and 1 half day there in December, and will rope drop 1 of the rides each day unless there is some sort of pay event we can do to get on both rides. Then we will probably only go 1 full day.

6 Likes

the fact that you got to ride it 5 times is astoundingā€¦if I can ride it with 45 minute or less wait, I will

3 Likes

Exxxxactly. Join in on the rantsā€¦whip up the dissenters! Keep dem crowd levels lowwww. :smiling_imp:

I can agree with this, however, after playing endless hours of video games and other simulations over the years where you do just thatā€¦ if it was just a Tatooine replica or something else Iā€™ve seen in the 3 billion times Iā€™ve watched the movies, I feel it would be boring for me after about 10 minutes. Thereā€™s only so many times I can look with wonder at the droid scanner at the entrance, or see the max rebo band play the saaaaame tune over and over again.

5 Likes