WDW Galaxy's Edge Excitement Level

Is Star Wars the one where they say “Beam me up?”

5 Likes

may-the-force-be-with-you-drwho-42076764

7 Likes

Will I be seeing you in the 12/5 RD crowd for RotR? You’ll be there then, right?

I opted for “if lines aren’t bad I’ll check it out”
I’m actually booked the weekend of the opening but i’ll be solo with my 5 year old so we are going to wait until we go back Feb 2020 to see if things settled. But if not then, we do a yearly trip, do the following year for sure.

1 Like

Are you perhaps a SWTOR player? I’m actually logging in tonight b/c this whole convo has given me the bug and I wanna go kill things on Quesh (I don’t know why Quesh in particular, it’s just what popped into my head!)

I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR THIS!!! so so excited, thank you!!

So excited for you and incredibly jealous at the same time! When they announced RotR opening, I could barely type the text out to my family because I was so excited I was shaking! It’s happening a week before we get there and while I wish we could be there for THE BIG DAY (one of the first of all time ever to ride that ride, so cool!) but I’m still so unbelievably thrilled we’ll get to experience it this trip.

5 Likes

This is how my husband and I feel. We’re not really huge fans, but it seems like a (Disney) history making moment and we figure, why not?!

3 Likes

ima sure try to see and ride

That’s why this poll needs two more options:

• With a world-weary sigh tell us just over Galaxy’s Edge you are, and regard those dillweeds looking forward to opening day with a fey smirk that would make Noel Coward blush

• Express with bottomless bitterness how the parks have been a garbage fire since Eisner was in charge, that IP has no place in the parks, and your life has been one continuous betrayal since Horizons closed.

7 Likes

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan…the original trilogy (although I did very much enjoy Rogue One, I must have slapped DBF twenty times in the theater saying OMG!!!)
My mom was pregnant with me when she went to see Empire…I grew up watching Eps 4-6…I quoted them, I had all the figures, I watched them every day.
So I agree with people wishing they had done Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, something I know, that I’ve wanted to visit since before I could talk about it. Batuu sounds cool, I very much want to see it, and I am DYING to fly the falcon, but it doesn’t grab me the way I expected it to. The only other things that had me super excited was the blue milk, which I can’t have (coconut allergy) and possibly getting a shoulder perching Salacious Crumb. ROTR sounds like a great ride, the ride mechanics sound amazing and I want to ride it…but only because it’s new ride technology, I have no interest in the new stories.
I’m very conflicted :confused:

2 Likes

Ooh! Ooh!

These two!

I vote these two!

2 Likes

I am going on the 29th October staying at All Star Sports and can’t wait to do Galaxy Edge on my birthday 30th October and yes I will be buying the $200 lightsaber or my best mate and his family will for my xmas present

3 Likes

Chose C because we scheduled a Dec trip to take advantage of SWGE but that wasn’t the only reason we are going to WDW this year.

I grew up with the original SW films but I’m not as big a fan as DH is for SW in general. My kids 18 & 16 know the stories but again aren’t huge fans.

I think we all will be excited to see the Millenium Falcon. The rest of the land will be interesting but not “oooh! aaah!” moment. Even if it was a land from the original trilogy, many of the details would be lost on most of my family.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:
So true!

1 Like

Heh, not at the moment. I have breakfast plans that day and will be enjoying a quiet morning in MK. Besides, that’s a line…and we’re allergic to those :wink:

That being said, I’ll need to evaluate my strategies to see what I want to do exactly (been a little preoccupied with something else at the moment). I have every intention of getting in there at some point though. If the virtual queue rumor proves true, I’ll definitely be taking advantage of that…or maybe some other add on like DAH. Path of least resistance and all that.

Besides, we still don’t know what crowds will look like just yet. Sure, just about every room is taken at WDW right now for that week, or at the very least taken the beginnings of that week(which is supposed to be one of their more slower times), but is that for Galaxy’s Edge? Just a coincidence since thanksgiving is also the week before and everyone still has time off? Something else?

I played only a little SWTOR, I couldn’t get into it, mostly because of the pay wall. Got as far as getting a lightsaber that did just about no damage and then that was it. I’m not a fan of subscription play. But Dark Forces, DF2, Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Outcast 2? Those I all but wore the CDs out. Good times…good times… (and I even enjoy Battlefront 2 these days, which is pretty much a wholly different game than where it started from).

Not sure why the insult to others being excited is needed, but absolutely SWGE is extremely lame. It’s gonna flop and everyone should not go and show disney just how mad we all are for wasting so much time and polluting Hollywood Studios!

1 Like

Um…no.

I’d be all over that in a heartbeat, but since we leave 2 days after it opens, I’m not holding my breath.

I’m not sure we’ll know until that week/day. The August opening may give some insight, but I’m not sure how much. And then there’s the fact that the crowd calendar just went down for many of those days. Weird.

2 Likes

I went with “A” because we probably will (with Star Wars t-shirts but no costumes) and am hoping the poll results so far (4% for A) are indicative of a not-too-crazy first day. If they follow the Disneyland path and offer same-day reservations to Oga’s Cantina to guarantee access to the land later in the day then we might not rope drop. I care more about walking around than the ride, so we’ll see what wait times are like. And I don’t think we’ll buy a $200 light saber.

I’m the opposite of @ryan1, the DL version increased my excitement. Like @crankyduckit I find it exciting that it’s somewhere new, that’s one of the things I like about the movies that you see more and more of that Galaxy far away. Plus even though it’s a different/not in the movies planet, the marketplace looks consistent with what you see onscreen in Rogue One and other movies. I might have been sliiiightly more excited if they’d done the forest moon of Endor but it would have been very tricky to make the Ewok village accessible and safe.

Exactly this… My fingers are tightly crossed. But I like reading about people being excited too.

I did see all the movies when first released because my parents are also sci fi fans, but I was 2 when A New Hope and don’t remember our drive-in viewing of it. We had a board game based on the movie though and I remember playing it a lot starting around age 4.

3 Likes