WDW 50th anniversary?

I don’t doubt that!

What I do doubt is the likelihood that one random frontline cast member would have this kind of information that could be relied upon to be true.

1 Like

Right

1 Like

I know that’s the issue with the yeti, but I have never heard this about the whole mountain. If in fact the entire concrete substructure need to be replaced, that means gutting the entire ride, re-pouring the base, and then rebuilding it from scratch. Joe Rhode has said publicly, numerous times, that the yeti will be fixed, and that the ride would have to close for a (undefined) period of time in order to fix it. But as mentioned above, I would take anything said by a ride operator of sales clerk with a grain - maybe a pillar - of salt…

4 Likes

Sorry, I know this was an older thread, but was looking for some more info. We were planning another trip for fall/winter 2021 and thought the last week of September/first week October would work for the two families planning. Didn’t even realize that will fall on the anniversary week. How does that influence crowds and planning? Are the increased crowds just the anniversary day or will it be the few weeks surrounding?

1 Like

The “day” itself will probably be nuts - especially at the MK. Couldn’t say how the rest of the week might be.

My “yes” response was for the year of the 50th. I will not be planning for the first month. Depending on my DGD’s school schedule, I am not sure that I will be going on her school attendance days. The school will consider it an unexcused absence.

There’s no way I could handle the crowds that the 50th will bring. Works out well though because my 50th is coming up😂 will be celebrating with a fun trip somewhere!!! It’s been a while since I’ve obsessively planned a non Disney trip so it should be fun!!!

1 Like

I voted I will be there for the 50th, but I really meant I was going in 2021.

We are skipping this year and going next summer in hopes that the two major superheadliners (Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy) will be open. The 50th anniversary year is secondary. Ratatouille and M&MRR opening this year isn’t enough for us to go both this year and next.

1 Like

I’m tentatively planning a trip for Dec 2021.

1 Like