WDW 50th anniversary?

For liners who are going, what are you all planning for time of year? I’m torn between our usual week after Thanksgiving (which we love) and trying to be there for the actual October 1st anniversary. 10/1 is tempting, but we did a late September trip one year and I about melted from the heat.

1 Like

My in-laws went to WDW for their Honeymoon in 1971 so we will be going to celebrate my in-laws 50th anniversary along with WDW’s 50th.

3 Likes

Up in air, either first half of Dec (have never seen Disney for Christmas, I know, right?) or very beginning of March 2022, its Mardi Gras here n Disney is beautiful that time of year. I dont like packed crowds so Im missing the actual day of Anniversary.

Hm, When I said 50th, I meant 10/1. Specifically. Otherwise it’s just the “celebration year”

1 Like

Ha! Well, then I’ve messed up your poll already :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Meh, we should probably start a new thread with specifics in that case. :wink:

1 Like

Me too,lol

1 Like

Well, then I should switch my vote to no…but I can’t seem to do that.

In that case, no way. Not with those crowds…

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea. I have mentally been adding Africa to my list of places to travel, a list that lately is making DH nervous because it is growing longer and more exotic. But my 50th is 2024, DD will be 13, I think we need to celebrate in Africa.

I am specifically planning for “post-celebration year”. When everything is built and the discounts start to roll out…

2 Likes

Take it off the bucket list and turn it into a plan. I’ve started saving. It will take me that long. Lol.

1 Like

Yes - it will take that long to save and convince my DH! But I have been known to plan trips 3 years out, why not 5?

1 Like

I would love to go for the 50th which will also be MY 50th in October 2021!

5 Likes

Sounds like destiny…

3 Likes

I like the he way you think! The one thing that bothers me about waiting post celebration,is an employee at the animal kingdom told us the ride(Everest expedition) will be closing after the 50th celebration, for several years to fix structural issues with the whole Mountain.

1 Like

Hmmm, that would be devastating as this currently is my family’s favorite ride. But rumors of the fix have been ongoing. And the issue relates to not letting the concrete cure long enough! Which means a pricey fix. So I think we are going to have Disco-Yeti-Forever.

1 Like

This would be okay for me, depending on what “several years” means.

After our 2020 trips, I’d like to return in maybe 2024 with hopes that

1. Epic Universe is open
  2. Tron Coaster is open
  3. (Highly) Rumored Space Mountain re-do is done.
  4. Add Expedition Everest re-do to that!
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy coaster is done
  6. MAYBE Star Wars Hotel is done…although, we shall see on that one.

I’m sure more changes will be coming that I hope will be done…but those, at least, are the ones I’m most anticipating for our post 2020 trips.

1 Like

One employee? Was it Joe Rohde? He’s the only singular employee I would believe.

Let me tell u, AK has the BEST employees. We had memory maker issues, no other person in the other parks, 3 parks, 1.5 hrs lost, could get our pics on our account and get random ppls off. 20 mins with the lady at AK, problem solved. Also found that they are the most friendly. Maybe its the environment…

1 Like