Watching movies to prepare for my trip

I think that’s it; I have never been into gaming. In college I watched friends pump quarters into Space Invaders machines for hours on end, but could never understand “why”. I recognize many of the games throughout the decades, and have tried a few, but my reaction has always been the same. Maybe that’s why I find TSM to be so “meh”; I admire the 3D graphics technology, but the games themselves have little interest to me.

I agree that the “plot” was the weakest link (the acting wasn’t much better), but as a biologist/zoologist with a strong background in ecological sciences, I found the details in the unique ecosystem that Cameron created for the film to be outstanding, and in IMAX 3D it was truly astonishing. It’s NOT the same on a small screen…

Which is exactly why I watched it on the small screen. I truly can’t stand 3D movies, particularly in the theaters. Even 3D rides are hard to tolerate, but those are very short.

I went to see The Polar Express in IMAX 3D once and had to close my eyes through a lot of it. I enjoyed the movie far more after we bought it on DVD and watched it at home. I’m sure the same would have been true for Avatar if I had seen it in 3D: I would have wished I’d seen it on the small screen (without 3D) instead!

We do all our Disney training by visiting the local library. I think they have at least 3 copies of every Pixar movie, every Disney Animations Studios movie, and every classic Disney animation movie. I’m pretty sure they literally have 15 copies of Frozen in there.

Must sees:

Wall-E
Inside Out
Zootopia

If you have time, I would add Wreck It Ralph.

We thought Pandora and the rides were way more meaningful having just watched the film Avatar.

Watching F&F is probably good, too. I loathed that ride. Loud, obnoxious and kind of inappropriate, but i’ve never the seen the movies or maybe I would have expected that. Least favorite ride at Universal.

1 Like

You have pretty much described the entire F&F series.