Watching movies to prepare for my trip

Saw this this morning!

Only quibble is Monster’s Inc. should be higher! That’s my fave.

Interesting list. Ask 20 people to do this and you’d get 20 different lists… The writer obviously has a thing against the Cars franchise; I completely agree that 2 and 3 belong near the bottom of the list, but I think the original deserves a higher rating than 16 out of 19. The Good Dinosaur definitely belongs at the bottom; I can’t think of a single thing to recommend it. It’s hard to argue against Toy Story being at the top of the list; it was to feature length feature computer animation as Snow White was to feature length animation in general - and it’s a really good story - and its sequels are probably the best that have been put out by Disney/Pixar.

The Ringer Staff also did a Pixar list:

So watched The Incredibles last night. It took a while to catch my interest and I was tempted to give up. In the end I thought it was OK. But at least now I know who they are. Because this is 2018 I did think things like, “women are not portrayed in a positive light by this movie”.

I have seen all three Toy Story films more than once and rank them 1st: 3, 2nd: 1, 3rd: 2

I have also seen Inside Out, which I rank with Toy Story 3. I’d rank The Incredibles with Toy Story 2.

And that’s all the Pixar I’ve seen.

I think that some of my favorite Disney animated movies are: Moana, Monsters Inc., Zootopia, and Up (although that one is a tear jerker in the beginning), I like Aladdin, Tarzan, and Lion King for the music.

We saw Incredibles II last night. It was REALLY good.

1 Like

What about
Lady & The Tramp.
Mary Poppins
And yes it would have to be Fast & Furious and Avatar

this post actually made me watch some movies this weekend LOL
I haven’t seen a lot of the recent movies - I almost never go to the movies, so if it is not on Netflix, it is doubtful that I have seen it. no younger kids to ask to go, and unless someone is asking me to go, I am cheap and would rather be on my couch :slight_smile:
So I watched Moana & Meet the Robinson’s this weekend. I also found some of the really old shorts - Silly Symphonies that I watched also.
I have a lot of time, so I may break down and rent some of the other ones that I haven’t seen.

Ok - so of course I had to actually go look up what movies I haven’t seen.
I think that I only have listed theatrical releases, not movies that were direct to dvd or made for TV.
What would you say the ‘must see’s’ are from this?
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Bolt
Up
Cars 2
Wreck-it-Ralph
Inside Out
Good Dinosaur
Zootopia
Cars 3

So I bolded what I think may be helpful when touring WDW. If it is Disneyland, I would add both Cars movies as well as making sure you saw both Guardians of the Galaxy movies even though you didn’t list them.

I would add on Wreck-It-Ralph just because it is an excellent movie and Ralph Breaks the Internet is coming out this fall.

The rest are all great, some more than others, so I would keep them on a “nice to watch if I have time” list.

Zootopia and Inside Out! Absoultely not “B” movies!

Most of my family and friends universally rank The Incredibles as the all-time best Pixar movie. That is debatable (although I actually agree with it), but I will say that The Incredibles is the all-time best Fantastic Four movie that’s ever been made! :wink: I’m excited to go see Incredibles 2.

Having said that, I don’t recall The Incredibles playing any significant role at Walt Disney World. (There were rumors a few years back at the idea they might convert the People Mover ride into one themed to The Incredibles where you would ride in one of those pods from Nomanisan. That never came to fruition.)

Truth is, pretty much everything made by Pixar is worth seeing.

Avatar is probably worth it for the tie-in, but the truth is, “Dances With Wolves” with Kevin Costner is a better rendition of the same story. And Disney has a themed area to tie into that (non-Disney) movie as well. It is called Frontierland! :wink:

Brother Bear - OK, but not a must see
Home on the Range - SKIP
Chicken Little - SKIP
Ratatouille - Must see
WALL-E - Must see
Bolt - One of the very few I haven’t seen
Up - Must see
Cars 2 - by far the weakest of the 3 Cars movies. Great visuals, very mediocre story
Wreck-it-Ralph - OK, but far from my favorite
Inside Out - Must see
Good Dinosaur - SKIP - horrible movie in all regards
Zootopia - must see
Cars 3 - Better than Cars 2, but skip-able.

A lot of people do recommend Ratatouille - the whole Rat thing kind of freaked me out.
And I know that Mickey is a Mouse & the Rescuers are Mice - but somehow not at all the same LOL
However, I will probably break down and see it -since so many people recommend it.
I think that what you have as SKIPs is what I have heard before. This list is in order of release - so it does seem there were a couple of bombs, then I stopped making sure I saw them all :slight_smile:

I think anyone who played video games from the 80s, or is at least familiar with them, loves this movie. I love it for the nostalgia. My kids love it for the obvious references to games they know (Felix = Mario, Sugar Rush is really just Mario Kart, etc). Some of the best moments of the film are the things going on in the background, like Q-bert pan-handling, and the ghost-monster from Pac-man, etc.

2 Likes

That is kind of a plot element of the movie, actually. It is a good movie. Not necessarily one of my favorites, but worth watching for sure.

When we saw Incredibles II last night, there was a preview for Ralph Breaks the Internet. It looks really funny.

I loved the Incredibles also - although I probably won’t see Increadables 2 it until it is rent-able.

I did see Avatar - it was ‘the special effects’ movie when it came out. I wasn’t overly impressed, didn’t hate it, but kid of ‘meh’

So definitely Up and Zootopia! Ratatouille and Inside Out are cute, too. The only others on your list I’ve even seen are Home on the Range and Good Dinosaur.

I can’t do 3-D movies for more than a few minutes without getting a headache, so I only experienced it in my home on a 32" TV. I could see how it WOULD look cool in 3D. But the story was really just a reimagining of the Native American Trail of Tears idea. Which is why I prefer Dances with Wolves.