Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

Posted on chat today.

I guess Iā€™m just wondering if I want to keep my 7/27 to 8/03 dates, will they even have anywhere to move me by the time they get around to me? From what Iā€™ve heard, pickings in July are slim ā€“ so will I just be out of luck or are they holding inventory back to accommodate people with existing reservations?

I read the same thing. Iā€™m holding onto our first week of August reservations to see where they would accommodate usā€¦

I am also not going to do anything until they tell me what the plan is. My trip is in five weeks, and so far none of what Iā€™m hearing makes it an appealing option. Iā€™m not keeping it, but whether I reschedule for this year or cancel until next year is up in the air. I do wish I hadnā€™t bought non-refundable tickets thoughā€¦

Same with us on the non-refundable tickets. I hope May 2021 is more back to normal.

Iā€™ve seen reports saying what we already know: That those are the resorts opening initially. But Iā€™ve not seen anything suggesting they wonā€™t open anything else.

Sounds like rumors based on the listing of who theyā€™ve called back to work, to me. But that doesnā€™t mean anything other than to say those resorts are opening first.

We shall seeā€¦but seriously, if thatā€™s Disneyā€™s plan, then they need to just say so instead of dragging people along.

2 Likes

There are a lot of great TAs out there - but there are also a lot of terrible ones. This feels to me like a TA misinterpreting the Disney statement. Iā€™m kinda at the point now where the rumors are entertaining, but Iā€™m not reading into anything. Unless Disney says it, Iā€™m not believing it.
I will say though, that if they want more guests to cancel, this would be the way to do itā€¦ Just let everyone feed into the rumors and cancel bc of their fears. Itā€™s like reverse FOMO.

7 Likes

Universal will be gaining a whole lot of new visitors from this! Great communication, easy to understand protocols, full refunds with 24 hour cancellation windows, and the real kickerā€¦much cheaper pricing for what you get. Our $300 a night room at a UOR deluxe with included express passes and guaranteed admission seems worth so much at the end of July, while our $320 a night Cabin reservation at WDW for the end of July includes pretty much nothing other than a place to sleep. No guarantee of park entrance and for some reason no waterparks, despite the fact that the other parks are opening theirs. I would have no problems going to WDW at the end of July for 8 nights if I even knew what I was going to get out of my $4700 package- but they arenā€™t telling me enough info to decide whether to go or not. So frustrating!

6 Likes

I just called again about modifying my June reservation. Got right through and the first person I talked to was able to help me! Maybe they are better staffed on weekdays. So here is what I was told. For modifying room-only bookings they are not offering the 35% discount and no other discounts are available right now, although of course if something is released we can add it to our reservation. So the rebooking is at full price although my original had a PH discount. I was looking at dates from 7/29-8/05 and they had availability at BC, OKW and FW cabins and maybe others as well. But they were substantially more than my discounted CBR booking. I did go ahead and book a cabin at FW - beats worrying about a camper! She told me the usual 5-day cancel rule but also that you could MODIFY the reservation up to one day before - I had never caught that tidbit before. Does that mean you could modify the date and then cancel a la ADR? She was still not able to modify the guest on my August booking. I also asked about my AP expiration date being extended to allow a park reservation to be made. She didnā€™t have any answer for that yet but acknowledged it will be an issue if they donā€™t extend passes out before the system opens. Not sure yet if we will actually use the new booking; that will depend on DHā€™s football coaching obligations. But itā€™s nice to have the option. And now I WILL cancel the campsite :wink:.

1 Like

Yes, this is not new or unique to this situation

2 Likes

Was your previous discount, PH, a discount based on tickets? I am uncleared. Wondering, if POFQ isnā€™t open, what happens to my bounce back 25% discount. I need to know these things, Disney.

So you were offered a DVC Resort or FW for you late July early August re-book?

It was a pass holder discount, room-only booking. No tickets involved.

1 Like

Yes, they were only offering DVC resorts or FW. But, after seeing some recent posts that there was nothing available late July I was surprised that they had several options for me, even though they were all rack rate. Maybe people are cancelling and creating availability.

I currently feel like Iā€™m a child again in the candy store purchasing one of those brown paper mystery bags. You have no idea what candy you are purchasing, or even if its candy at all, until you take it home and open the bag.

I feel like weā€™ve all handed over our money to Disney and have the paper bag in the car ride home. Itā€™s a loooooooong car ride. Canā€™t open it yet. We are all wondering what we getā€¦
'You get a 3BR villa"
ā€œYou get a camp site!ā€
ā€œYou get cancelledā€
ā€œYou get a discount but no ticketsā€
ā€œYou get a discount, and tickets but, ah sorry you canā€™t get a park reservationā€

:upside_down_face: :rofl: :crazy_face:

17 Likes

Exactly. This made me laugh except it is so close to the truth and not funny.

4 Likes

Remind me againā€¦why is Disney bothering to reopen?

13 Likes

Definately works at any time and with non-Disney hotels too!

itā€™s looking more and more like we made the right call to cancel our trip for this year and wait to book one for next year. Disney is not doing themselves any favors right now.

6 Likes

I have done this with a last-minute ADR cancelation to avoid the fee, modify the ADR to the next day, then cancel it.

1 Like