Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

My dealbreaker is no guaranteed entry to park. I have a little more time here to decide what we are going to do and protect most of my points. In order to keep our reservation I have to know that we are secured with a park reservation for most of our days there.

7 Likes

Right. Exactly.

I feel like Disney is messing this up. I canā€™t believe that they donā€™t know what they are doing in terms of reservations, and who is getting in, and which hotels are going to be open or not. So not communicating it at this point is just bad form. They donā€™t even have to tell us how it will work.

I still keep going back to the thought that Disney is trying to get more people to cancel their reservations. And so allowing rumors to spread by using imprecise language may be an intentional way to get people to do it.

We heard a rumor suggesting that Disney hopes to re-open hotels EXCEPT All Stars and Port Orleans (presumably due to transportation requirements). This is a big deal for us, because while we have two room booked at Pop Century, my DS and DIL have a room booked at POR. And if they have to modify their reservation, it only makes sense for them to move to Pop or AoA.

But at this point, we know nothing. Iā€™m certain, however, that Disney knows. So why not just TELL us already?

1 Like

I need at least 2 of my 4 days, but my family is one of those that has always done a small number of park days compared to our stay. Having said that, we do this because we supplement with water parks, holiday parties or other special events, resort time, resort hoping etc. So pool openings (so sorry for people who count on Stormalong Bay), and the status of these other extras (including restaurants) could really impact our ability to fill the other days.

I was able to buy tickets the day after the announcement, to go along with my resort only reservation. I feel very, very lucky. I am able to get a refund up until late August which is within the 60 day mark of my trip. I am counting on the park reservation system to eventually be booking at least 60 days out. 30 would be brutal for planning. Especially for those flying (one of 2 reasons we plan to drive).

1 Like

The communication has been poor from the beginning. UOR has done a much better job. Not least because, as I understand it, a hotel reservation does guarantee park entry.

Iā€™m not at all clear that Iā€™m going to actually go in October ā€” only the fear of losing a huge amount of money on the flight is even making me consider going at this point. But as things stand it may well be a UOR-only trip. Well, except MNSSHP, for which I have a ticket, if it goes ahead. At least Iā€™d see MK. The rest will have to wait till next year.

(I do have 14-day park-hoppers, but Iā€™m not wasting them on a short trip with limited access.)

I also feel like Disney is messing this up on purpose and UOR is rocking it. I looked at UOR annual passes for the first time yesterday.

6 Likes

I do agree, Disney is still trying to facilitate more cancelations. They will do this through incomplete details and the fear of the unknown.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is what is annoying to me. Are they going to refund my ticket for any days I canā€™t use while Iā€™m there?

And then what the heck am I going to do if I canā€™t go to the park? Stay in my $500+ night tiny room and watch TV with my kids? Try to get into a restaurant and likely get turned away?

6 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to wonder though if they will go too far. If there are too many unknowns or restrictions, people will cancel. And if there are poor reviews from those who do go from out of state, I can see people deciding to go elsewhere for vacations until things are completely back to normal. In some ways I almost think the powers that be might think they are invincible to all the factors that Covid has caused (recession, fear of travel, issues with masks, etc).

4 Likes

Anybody check MDE lately?
I checked this morning and saw a new-to-me page about early check in.
Mostly itā€™s about using your phone or magic band to access your room to maintain social distancing.
If you arrive before your room is ready you can use your magic band to access your resortā€™s pool or you can enjoy a tasty meal at your resort.
There are several inconsistencies including a mention of Dining Plan and refillable drink mug.

Not sure what you meanā€¦but early check in has always been a thing (wellā€¦okay, not alwaysā€¦but well before the pandemic).

I got this pop upā€¦ Itā€™s basically saying they want you to do online check-in only. The only exception being if you have a specific issue. It isnā€™t a requirement, but they are wording it to imply that it is. They want as few people as possible lining up at the front desk.

2 Likes

Yes.

What I was seeing had new or perhaps modified info regarding accessing your room. The early check in info needs more editing, as there was [still?] info about dining plan and resort mugs.

My guess is the rewrite didnā€™t get completed.

I did find it interesting that visiting the pool was a suggestion as to occupying your time while waiting for your room. Used to say head for the park.

Which also makes me wonder about park reservations . . .

I agree wholeheartedly. Which is why, my stubborn nature, will absolutely NOT cancel and give them what they want! :smirk: haha.

4 Likes

Agreed! Iā€™m keeping my options open until details are available. Including whether we will be able to get into the parks. Then Iā€™ll decide.

3 Likes

I decided this was the dealbreaker for not brining my niece and nephew with us. I am not spending the outrageous cost of tickets for them and potentially not have them experience the parks. For DS and I, we have our annual passes so that is already sunk costs, which is why the resort was more critical for us.

1 Like

I think whatā€™s getting old for me about communication from Disney at this point is that theyā€™re holding things so close to the chest and using vague language that it only leaves room for us all to speculate about what may or may not happen. Just tell us already, Disney!! My vacation is six weeks away and I have no clue if Iā€™ll even be able to take it because Iā€™m unsure the resort Iā€™m booked at will be open and if itā€™s not open if theyā€™ll have room to put me somewhere else, no idea if Iā€™ll be able to get park reservations, and no clue what restaurants I may be able to get reservations at. As a result, vacation time from work for both me and my husband is up in the air as well as the money we invested in airline tickets. This is not a great place to be and Iā€™m just feeling very irritated! LOL

6 Likes

I have read reports that TAs are telling clients that DVC and FW will be the only resorts open for the rest of 2020. @OBNurseNH, have you heard this?

Their plan, then, is working. At least on you. They almost have you where they want you - cancelling and helping their numbers get where they need to be

5 Likes

Iā€™ve not heard that at all. I know the same as all of you.

Theyā€™ve not broken me yet, Iā€™m going to hang in there to see if itā€™s going to work out, but Iā€™m a little frustrated.

1 Like