@threeprincessesfourprinces did you have any success in modifying? Any info?
Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today
I had just been reading about this on a different article:
This one specified that “Florida still requires visitors from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to quarantine for 14 days.” The article posted mentioned to check the current regulations but didn’t specify this and I think it is so major it needs to be pointed out.
Just reading another article from WDW News today, that there is “information” coming from some travel agents that there will be no park hopper tickets for the remainder of 2020. No official word from Disney.
I waited about 20 minutes for the first CM who screened me and then transferred me to another number to modify. After two hours total on the call, so over 90 minutes on hold for the second person, I got disconnected. Either my phone timed out the call or they picked up and hung up before I realized it. I was on my treadmill at the time but could still hear the holding music. Just wasn’t meant to be today! But from what I’m hearing there isn’t much to modify my June booking to anyway. I’ll try again tomorrow when I can sit on hold for hours while working at my desk. Given that there is so little available, I’m starting to look at my “leading” campsite reservation with new eyes. Anyone ever rented a camper at Ft Wilderness?
I’m booked at Beach Club with my teens and their girlfriends 8/5-9. Had booking at CBR in June with DH and my littles. So, could possibly do Ft Wilderness with DH and littles, send them home and have the big kids join me for second half of split stay.
And Disney have also said anyone quarantining must not enter WDW property. Which means they could simply refuse to allow anyone with a home address in those states to check-in.
And resort guests will be subject to temperature screening.
I haven’t updated the pinned Re-opening thread yet, but I will do.
That said it seems many believe the quarantine will be lifted soon.
It seems like park hopping is no longer an option? I have several park hopper tickets I purchased for my trip in May that is now postponed until November. I wonder how Disney is going to reimburse me for the hopper part of the ticket if I can only attend one park per day. I really haven’t been paying attention to the the ticket parts of these discussions because I thought I didn’t need to, so I am in the dark. Anyone know?
There is a fixed cost of park hoppers, so I assume they will simply reimburse that amount…but Disney hasn’t officially said to my knowledge.
Nothing from Disney, just some travel agents from Virgin. I think, who are telling some of their clients.
@annhardt, I figure that if they drop PH from my tickets, I will get a new confirmation with a changed total of what I owe. I just got my new balance minus the DDP, yesterday.
So I’m probably going to roll with it, but one of the benefits of having an AP is park hopping so is Disney realizing it should compensate AP holders for no park hopping?
Is it also true that they are stating that if you can get a hotel room, there is still no guarantee that you will be able to get into a park. I thought I came across that somewhere, but may have dreamed it.
The quarantine order should expire on July 7th. The executive order for the quarantine states that it shoulf expire with executive order 20-52 or of the gov decides to lift it. The 20-52 is the declaration of the state of emergency. That was originally set to expire on May 8th but desantis extended it for anothrr 60 days. So now that is set to expire on July 7th. With it so should the quarantine order. Both could be extended however but i doubt it. Those states seem to be no longer a treat to florida. They are reporting less cases per day than florida at the moment. here in NJ we only reported a little over 600 cases yeaterday, flotida over 1200.
I was wondering the same thing.
I was thinking this myself. Some of the reasons I bought an AP are no longer even applicable.
That is what Disney has said. @Nickysyme has pinned a thread with a lot of information.
My understanding is that those who already have Disney owned resort room reservations and tickets will be able to get park reservations before they open up more room reservations or ticket sales. I wonder how many rooms will still be available for the remainder of 2020.
I still think Disney will do whatever they can to accommodate resort guests. I think this is CYA language to lower expectations. But they know they would be shooting themselves in the foot to allow guests to pay exorbitant amounts only to get shut out of the parks.
On that same note, I saw that BCV guests will be able to use the Boardwalk feature pool until Stormalong Bay opens.
I think that I might be a little bit afraid of that clown slide, j ust like I don’t walk near sewer grates under curbs.
Our rooms are at POFQ in December. I am waiting to see if Disney is going to require us to modify to a different resort and at what additional cost. Currently, we have a bounceback offer.
Same here, bounceback at POR in December. At least it used to be bounceback. It’s already been “adjusted”. And it’s a triple-split reservation because I needed to add a day on to each end but couldn’t modify it. Will be interesting. One option I wanted to try was to modify my June reservation to those dates to get it all in one booking, but I’m not too optimistic. Wonder if I’m better off keeping it as is and see if we get upgraded; if PO is not open I believe we will be transferred at no additional charge. But I’m fine with POR too.
We have the bounceback offer that was 25% off the room. That offer started our last day. For most of our visit, the bounceback with free dining was the choice. It was the end of that offer and we could only get YC. Not in the budget.
If POFQ is not open and they will upgrade us at no additional charge, I am all for it, depending on the resort. So hard to wait for information.
I love POFQ so I am fine with being there. I would love a resort where I could walk to at least one of the parks.
We also have the first night as an add on since I couldn’t modify it, have been trying since January.
This is the one that stings for us. We were rolling with the rest. No park hopping? Ok, we typically don’t anyways. Less mousekeeping? Not a problem. Few food options? We can make due. But we figured, hey, even if we don’t get into a park and get stuck spending the day at Stormalong Bay? Things could be worse. But now no Stormalong Bay? I will hang in a little longer to see how long they keep it closed and if it’s still closed, if we have an option to change resorts, but this may be the breaking point for us.