Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

Interesting. We are scheduled ASMo from July 31-August 9. Still waiting to hear from Disney.

We are going to need you to drop everything and get on that survey…

5 Likes

With screenshots of every page… :rofl:

4 Likes

yup. totally forgot about that :slight_smile:

Yeah, capture the questions, please. I think this survey begins with a question that starts “The Walt Disney World Resort will be adopting new processes…”

Just came out in last 24 hours. Thanks @ryan1.

3 Likes

He posted in this thread.

I would really like to hear from people who have gotten an email from Disney to confirm, modify, or cancel your resort stay. What are your dates, did you get an upgrade? Have you been able to find out if you can get reservations to the parks?
I really want to know if people confirmed, what kind of upgrades did you get.

2 Likes

Have you been on this thread?

I know on chat people have been saying if you wait until wdw cancels you can upgrade for free. I asked that question on this linked thread. That does not seem to be true.

1 Like

Not if you change dates, right? Only if your resort isn’t available for your trip and you keep your dates but they move you. In FB groups I’ve seen people say they are not getting a choice. WDW offers to put them at SS (or one of the others) and they can take it or leave it. I’m curious if you asked “Is there availability at OKW (for example)?” if they would move you with no upcharge as long as your dates are the same.

2 Likes

Anyone rebooking right now is because of the closure- right? They are only rebooking through July 4th or so?

They are allowing rebooking or resort changes for closed resorts for travel with DEPARTURES up to 11 July. But you can move your travel dates… But you pay the difference in cost if you do.

1 Like

Some resorts are opening 6/22 though. If people keep their dates (some people are even though the parks are closed, I guess), they seem to be getting moved with no additional cost. It will be interesting to see what they are doing in a week or so for people with reservations after the parks open.

1 Like

This is the detail that is important. There can be no changes at all to your trip - no adding days, removing days, changing dates. The trip has to be exactly as originally booked. Then and only then will you be moved at no cost.

6 Likes

So if you want a resort stay before the parks open only?

Maybe, since we’re booked through Sports and Travel we’re different? We had Coronado Springs for 24 - 28 June because of a competition there. We were moved to same days - Wednesday thru Sunday - in December, no extension of days, tho I asked, still booked at Coronado Springs. At a higher rate, which I expected cuz, December. Competition also moved to December.

I guess that’s how that would work out, yes.

I guess that’s possible. Sports and Travel is a different arm of the company and probably is using different guidelines. After all, your stay is linked to an event which dates are being moved. It makes sense. I would assume conventions might be the same as well.

1 Like

It does kinda seem to indicate that resorts other than DVC could be open yet this year.

Possibly. Or possibly they are just moving you to other dates that coincide with your event and will sort out the resort issue later. They are doing this methodically, so that those who have trips scheduled first get sorted out first, and those with trips later will be sorted out later.

I am not sure that we’ve heard directly from Disney on this, but I have heard it stated on a couple of very reputable, rarely wrong podcasts in the past week that only DVC resorts will be open.

Wait and see I guess!

Lots of recent experiences here:

1 Like