"Wait, we're going to WDW during spring break?!" A WDW/DCL trip report

Well, we used away we go transportation and i highly recommend them. The original plan was to go to the poly, grab the ecv and bus to hs but the delay ate up that time. Away we go offers a service where they will drop you at the park and then your bags at your hotel for $20 more. So we did that and rented an ecv in the park. With a day and a couple.hours, we just went for it. We got to the park at 630, the ride line up was perfect and while i wish we had ridden slinky, mom loved everything.

We left just as the crowds were coming in for deluxe hours. DD was falling asleep standing up so we headed to the buses and hopped right on for poly. She was out in about 2 seconds.
This is my first CL stay, and i splurged because my mom always worked over time, drove the 14 hrs, attended time share presentations for tickets and hauled around frozen water bottles all day so we could afford to disney when i was a kid. So i wantsd to splurge for her. The room and the view and the club are all incredible. Holy cow.

16 Likes

15 Likes

Despite not falling asleep until close to 11, DS was wide open at 6a. Sigh. I had to call in to get myself g+ this am since they all have it on their tickets already, so i guess it was good that i was awake. Only managed a 10a splash (was hoping for 9a so i could just pick up next available) and fop sold out as i was hitting confirm on the cc page. A few minutes of refreshing got mom and DS a 730p return time(DD is too short and i just rode a couple of weeks ago and didnt want to pay to rider swap).

Tons of great breakfast options in the lounge and lots of people looking at me in my pjs piling food for 4 on the tray i asked for last night like “this is what happens when you give a redneck a dollar” but :woman_shrugging:. Room service by mama.

13 Likes

I don’t think a 10am Splash is bad at all!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you pile that tray up as high as you need to mama!

5 Likes

13 Likes

Great family pic! Love your matching shirts!

3 Likes

:open_mouth: That is awesome! But how do you get a claim check??

I am obsessed with the blue they have chosen for these rooms - and I love seeing it on the upholstery in the club space

3 Likes

You dont. But when i called down for bags they were like oh yes, away we go dropped it off. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That would make me slightly nervous. Totally a fabulous service, don’t get me wrong, but a piece of our luggage somehow got separated from the rest of our luggage once at Poly and they walked me back to the ?luggage shed? (unmagical, btw) and had to search shelf by shelf until it was located.

Does AwayWeGo give you a claim check? How do you prove what you gave them to deliver to your resort?

If they could tighten up that process slightly I would be 100% on board. Perhaps they could send a text photo of the claim ticket that bell services gives you (them, in this case) - the barcode would probably still scan later.

4 Likes

So we waited about 15m for dumbo (posted 20), walked on LMM (posted 15), walked past philharmagic because our splash window was open, get there to see it’s down and we now have an anytime multiexperience, see that tiki is the only thing without a line and cool off for a bit, decide to use the anytime for bmtr, see that splash is open instead, love the heck out of that ride. Last night i dropped our 1140 skipper canteen and i definitely regretted it today. But! Here we are in the jungle with a 10m walkup wait. And there is cheese bread!!!

12 Likes

Yeah I’ve always been asked for the last digits of the claim ticket when I’ve called for my bags that would make me nervous too.

1 Like

10 Likes

I seriously don’t know what’s up with the cheese bread. I swear every other report says “they have it” then the next “no more cheese bread” then again “hooray cheese bread”. I’m really happy for you that they have it today!

4 Likes

It’s very unpredictable.

Probably “supply chain issues”

(Anyone else so over this very convenient excuse that 100% of businesses lean on anymore?)

11 Likes

I have been there twice and have yet to get cheese bread.

1 Like

Yeah it’s becoming the de facto excuse for a lot of things. It’s an easy out for most companies. That being said there really are still issues, especially regarding transportation. We have a serious driver shortage that is effecting transport times from plants to DCs which means unavailable product for your local sales team to pick up to get on store shelves. It sucks.

2 Likes

I am very jealous of the cheese bread, which they did not have when I went there. But I’ve had good cheese bread elsewhere so I know what I’m missing but it’s not irreplaceable.

4 Likes

The better looking AND tasting dessert was the kids’ volcano cake. Kungaloosh is fine but would be better warm.

Mom isnt feeling well so we are back in the room to rest. I cancelled tiffins tonight because of mom’s stomach. Our lineup is monorail to GF to see the easter egg, 5-6 Ks LL, 730 FOP ILL for mom and DS, 750 NRJ LL. May try for nomad between KS and FOP.

8 Likes

Sorry your mom’s not feeling well.

2 Likes