"Wait, we're going to WDW during spring break?!" A WDW/DCL trip report

We are delayed out of bwi already. The plane is landing an hour late. I was hoping we might be able to sprint to the 1145 and see if there were any seats but this crew aint running two full concourses. Maybe we will land early and i can attempt a run anyway? Probably not since we have 3 roller bags, 2 backpacks, a stroller and a cpap :rofl:

4 Likes

They do generally try to make up some time in the air so maybe you won’t be too far off schedule.

2 Likes

We got here in plenty of time to make the 1145, but no seats

3 Likes

Bummer. So this flight takes you to MCO? What does this mean for your arrival time now?

What??

How are they allowed to oversell flights?!

I think she means that they don’t have tickets on that flight, but were hoping to get in on standby since they arrived in time to make the flight before theirs.

2 Likes

Oh!

Well still a bummer

1 Like

Yeah our 2pm flight is delayed already so i was hoping we could hop on the 1145 and get in earlier.

No luck on SDD at the 1202 drop. A 135 popped up but i couldnt use it. Nothing else surfaced. I did get a tsm, so we have a nice line up if we make it!

7 Likes

Welp, the plane is here from PHX!! Folks are trickling off far too slowly like i dont have a theme park to explore, how dare they :rofl:

12 Likes

We are now on the plane. Glory be. I can book another g+ now but there’s nothing that works. Olaf isnt late enough, star tours makes me queasy and everything else is gone. I have refreshed a few dozen times but…

5 Likes

Genie + availability is very difficult at HS later in the day, almost every day.

You’re almost there!!

2 Likes

Only a few more hours!

1 Like

I have zero patience on a normal day but on the way to wdw i am downright insufferable. We are still loading bags apparently. The people were fully boarded 15m ago.

4 Likes

Oh no! That’s the worst-looking out the window at the luggage and wanting to be in the air already. :confused:

2 Likes

So you’re saying if you had the people put the luggage on the plane as they boarded, you’d be taxiing by now?

5 Likes

Yeeeepppppppp. And i have been to therapy specifically related to obsessiveness around efficiency so this gives me Murder Eyes.

13 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m laughing so hard :laughing:

You’ll be in the air soon, love.

6 Likes

Maybe. The bags are just sitting there. There are a lot. People are standing up. I am furiously chewing gum.

4 Likes

Don’t forget your coping techniques. Which one have you had good results with in the past.

5 Likes

Ready to offer to help, are they?

Close your eyes
Picture yourself seated on the porch of Nomad Lounge
The sun is shining
The breeze is gentle
The air temperature is just right.

Now, breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose
and let it out in a gentle sigh

:flushed:
OK I’m ducking
No more guided meditation I promise