Volcano Bay tips

Does anyone know: Do Natives count as water shoes?

I’m talking about these. They’re basically Crocs, but more closely fitted.

1 Like

Technically, any type of “Footwear” is not permitted on the tube slides, raft slides, aqua coaster. They do make exceptions with slim water shoes or water socks (as @TwoBits noted), not sure where they draw the line. Your shoes look too balky and will probably not be allowed on.

4 Likes

I was there last week and I saw people wearing regular crocs on some of the raft rides if that’s helpful at all. I just wore my sandals around the park and left them in the shoe racks when doing the slides. Some of those bridges get HOT!

4 Likes

I made the mistake of forgetting to take my aqua shoes off before getting to the top of Ohyah drop slide. Realized it just before getting to the front of the line. Had to go down to the bottom, take shoes off, then walk back to the top and get in the back of the established line. This was definitely when the Tapu system was beneficial since I had already tapped in, they knew my situation, and I could still go down with just a little more wait.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m trying! I’d go more often, but DW works harder and can’t get as much time off. She’s cool with me going solo, but it’s not fair to take so many holidays when she has to work more. I went on 5 trips in 2022. I could tell by trip #4 she was rolling her eyes thinking, “Again?!?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

I cut it back to 3 trips in 2023. Although, I last-minute cancelled a trip right at the cut off date to get my deposit back on a 4th trip! (DW had an awful couple weeks at work at that time. I wasn’t about to go on a trip then!! :innocent:)

If I lived anywhere in a two hour radius, I’d be at all these parks most weekends!

1 Like

Y’all, we’re starting at Universal before going to DW and have a day to check out Typhoon Lagoon as part of our package. The place has like 3 rides?!?
Definitely gonna set the expectations for there compared to Volcano Bay! Can’t for for VB in 10 days!!!

4 Likes

I’m not sure how you count the rides, but I count 7 (Crush ‘n’ Gusher has 3 different chutes with their own names and routes). Yes, TL is older and not as grand as VB, but it still has merit.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/typhoon-lagoon/

2 Likes

Totally fair!!! Don’t wanna be a hater. Just excited for all of it!

3 Likes

Your touring plan was from the unofficial guide! Just got it from the library and it’s exactly step by step including tips in there!!!

1 Like

I thought it sounded familiar! But also I forgot that the UG has a section on VB. I bought the 2021 version and read it cover to cover, but that was 3+ years ago … :grimacing:

2 Likes

Was it the one for Disney World (which contains information about Universal) or the one just for Universal? I honestly don’t remember.

Hopefully it was okay to post, but if not, moderators can remove it if they wish.

2 Likes

I bought the one just for UOR. I doubt they have a plan for VB in the WDW one.

2 Likes

It was the Universal Unofficial Guide. It’s been fun to read all things Universal in it…the whole thing is about half the size compared to the WDW one…gonna get bigger once Epic opens!

2 Likes