Volcano Bay Express Available

Just looking into VB, and Express Passes are showing available for purchase. You have to select the 1 park option and they will show up. There is no “Unlimited” option

I don’t think that they have that option at all. But, it should be much cheaper.

It was available in VB when I was there.

1 Like

When we went in Oct 2020 only one ride express was available

1 Like

It wasn’t there when we went in 2018, wasn’t aware it was brought back.

Is the EP at Volcano Bay worth it? Does it really help cut the line? Looks like you have to wait in the virtual queue line. Is that right? Also, if you have EP and the line is short, can you ride now and save your 1 EP ride for later? Someone had complained you couldn’t which doesn’t seem fair.

Is the EP at Volcano Bay worth it? I’m biased but it’s always worth it to me like insurance. I don’t want to rush around or when you lose your Tapu Tapu band and waste 30 min getting a new one on the very first slide of the day no worries. (This happened to hubby on Oh No and they would not let him into anything without even if it was Ride Now)

Does it really help cut the line? Yes, Krakatau Aqua Coaster was a 2+ hour virtual wait and we got right in the real line which was about 5 min long.

Looks like you have to wait in the virtual queue line. Is that right? No, with the EP you get right on.

Also, if you have EP and the line is short, can you ride now and save your 1 EP ride for later? I didn’t try to reride anything that had an actual wait so I’m not sure but if anything is Ride Now I was under the impression it doesn’t use the EP.

2 Likes

Thank you! How do they know you have EP if it’s not on the TapuTapu? I can’t imagine you have a lanyard. Do you have a wristband of sorts?

Also, do you know if having a EP guarantees park admission when the park is at capacity since you have a reserved date?

How do they know you have EP if it’s not on the TapuTapu? EP lives on your wristband that you tap into the Tapu Tapu system (like a magic band at WDW)

Do you have a wristband of sorts? yes

Also, do you know if having a EP guarantees park admission when the park is at capacity since you have a reserved date? hmmmm I do not know this. We tend to rope drop and we used our early entry and didn’t leave till we were done for the day.

Also, do you recommended reserving the chairs? Is there anywhere to eat that isn’t super pricey? I heard the park is pretty pricey for food and waits are long. Thanks so much!

Also, do you recommended reserving the chairs? Yes, we actually rented a cabana with food service so I never had to deal with the lines and it came with a giant fruit basket and bottled water.
s there anywhere to eat that isn’t super pricey? I didn’t think the food was too badly priced for theme park food. I’d call it moderate. We had the same menu in the cabanas for the entire park so we could choose any of the selections from any of the restaurants I believe. When we walked by restaurants on our way around the park the lines did look long. If the chairs come with food service I’d do it.

1 Like

Thanks, you are so helpful! Any other advice you can think of? Did you stay on property? We are going to stay at Hard Rock. The agent said we’d have to go to Citywalk to get a bus, but I had thought they had buses from every hotel to VB.

Also, if you buy EP ahead, how do you “redeem” it? Do you just do it at the turnstile where you get the TapuTapu?

No, VB is the exception. Only Cabana Bay (right now) doesn’t have to take the bus, because they can walk

Also, before VB opens, in the parking garage they will send people into two different lines. EA and non-EA. Since you are onsite, you get EA which you will really want to use, My family doesn’t spend time at our chair. We usually only grab one chair for the three of us to leave our stuff. So, we like to be at the front of EA and snag a chair.

Just to make sure you know, Hard Rock doesn’t get you free express passes to Volcano Bay. Only the two dry parks.

Also, if I were you, I’d switch to Cabana Bay for either your first or last day. Hard Rock doesn’t get you express passes, and Cabana Bay puts you a short walk to the waterpark. For the price difference, you could pay for a Cabana

1 Like

Thanks, so does everyone have to go to Citywalk to get a bus to VB (except CB)?

Yes.

Also, I’ve never done the Cabana, but in researching before our first visit I read that the line for to get a Cabana can get long. So, if you want one, and can take care of it beforehand, then do so.
It is like the people waiting in the long lines at the park to get tickets.

Any other advice you can think of? Yes, park at Cabana Bay if you have a car. We were able to get out of the gate for free somehow. It just opened right up but we were told if you buy something in the store for $20 including food at the restaurant so you could do lunch there maybe for cheaper with less lines than in the park as it’s a short walk thru the back entrance or even a game of bowling you can get your parking comped as it’s normally $40/day rate for non Cabana Bay guests. My daughter bought some sunglasses. However, we apparently didn’t need to because the gate opened right up.

Did you stay on property? Yes, we were at Endless Summer at the time.

Also, if you buy EP ahead, how do you “redeem” it? There is a customer service desk to your left when you enter the park…it’s up a little ways…ask a cast member when you get in and they’ll direct you but it’s pretty obvious. That’s also where you’d get your cabana/chairs if you rent them.

Do you just do it at the turnstile where you get the TapuTapu? No. It’s customer service…separate area.

1 Like

Thanks, so does everyone have to go to Citywalk to get a bus to VB (except CB)? If you have endurance (in the same trip we stayed at Cabana Bay but for some reasons that’s not when we did the water park…oh yeah because we added onto our trip…long story) you can walk all the way from Hard Rock to Cabana Bay and take the back entrance into Volcano Bay. It’s a good 1-1.5 miles but we honestly didn’t think it was bad but I’m a long distance runner and so is the teen son and daughter is a soccer player so we’re all used to being on our feet for long periods. But even hubby didn’t complain and he’s more of a homebody. :wink:

2 Likes