VIP Tour Pricing

I love how Len randomly pops into the forums here! I’ve been listening to the dish for a few months now, starting from the earliest episodes but also listen to the newest one each Monday. Now when I see him posting on here I read it in his voice, haha. Thanks Len for all the great information and entertainment. I too would like to know about tours. I’m planning some solo trips and would love to do something behind the scenes.

5 Likes

And you do this for all of the forum members, too, once you’ve met and heard them :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve heard really good things about the Animal Kingdom backstage experience. When I first started looking into VIP tour options, that option in particular was recommended to me.

I even watched a few POV videos of it from YouTube and the reviews there were some really cool above the animals access.

2 Likes

The Wild Africa Trek is on my list along w/ the Backstage Magic tour in the MK!

4 Likes

Do you mean the Wild Africa Trek? I’ve done it twice. It ruins AK for you. Once you’ve done it you have to do it every time. KS is rubbish.

3 Likes

Yes, and incidentally you were the one who recommended it to me!

Sorry, I was on my phone and multitasking. I should have taken 10 more minutes to wait until I could have looked up the name of the tour.

1 Like

I agree Matt. Wild Africa Trek does make KS seem super lame compared to a private truck that can park anywhere and the chilled towels. Those things were phenomenal - worth the price of the tour just for those frozen towels :joy:

In all seriousness, if anyone hasn’t done Wild Africa Trek I recommend it. Hopefully all the tours come back (with some new ones too- that would be nice).
**just a note about Wild Africa Trek-it’s a no go if you are afraid of heights. Those Indiana Jones Temple of Doom bridges over crocs and hippos are no joke.)

6 Likes

I will say that both my DH and DS are fearful of heights and both did just fine.

2 Likes

That’s great @OBNurseNH! You guys are braver than my family…bunch a chickens saw the bridges and said no way.

I had to do the tour on a solo trip. No worries, it was still awesome.

3 Likes

And a lot cheaper.

3 Likes

I was tremendously proud of both of them (this was a few years back now), especially since DS now would not even stay out on the concourse at CG for fireworks because he was too nervous.

4 Likes

When I was looking into VIP tours and the 7 hour minimum the very first thing I thought was “Ok, 7 hours without eating then”

That’s crazy that people will throw away money like that. But as you said, for a multi-millionaire I suppose it’s no big deal.

4 Likes

Here I was feeling all proud of myself because we’ll be saving money because I’m scrapping dining plans because the menu changes suck rocks. I read the menu and think “I’d rather have (insert something we often bring like Ham and Salami Croissant sandwiches with three cheese) than anything on this menu.”

Then you made me look into that Wild Africa Trek. You meanie enabler! Man, that looks awesome! Jan 2022 weekday for three people won’t be that expensive, right? As in, lower end of the price range?

ETA: I am getting a small bonus from work. That dive tour is looking pretty awesome too. I don’t want to be one of those, “Here’s my wallet, Disney” people. But…

ETA2: OK, that is it! I just read the DiveQuest threads here. I’ve joined the dark side. I bought park hoppers and now I’m planning on two tours. The AK one, and DiveQuest. We can do the DiveQuest on a rest day! How cool is that?

5 Likes

Yes, it should be considered low season. Not sure if Run Disney is during your dates/affect price though.

I’d do it!

1 Like

That’s because it is.

When I move to WDW I’ll be moving in to the bungalow that is in the savanna, where you have your small plates refreshments during your Trek.

Best thing I have ever done on a vacation ever.

4 Likes

I have been reading Disney books for the last two years. But, I’m a liner so you knew I’ve read a lot of that. When I read that Epcot was originally supposed to be a city with real people living in it, and that the bean counters dismissed that saying no one would want to live there, I took an unscientific poll of my friends, neighbors and co-workers. A vast majority of them said “Sign me up”. The guy with major DVC and gold Mickey watch, of course. But even my work buddy who isn’t a fan of Disney. Not me, I’d be like the zoo animal that no one ever sees.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a statement. Maybe I should try to fit it into one of my trips if its available.

4 Likes

It’s a statement I stand by wholeheartedly

4 Likes

Whats the ball park cost of that? $150 or less? Maybe I’ll do that instead of the Christmas party

1 Like

Closer to $200/pp