VIP tour options/how would you plan your day

This!

Also V&A, while an awesome experience, has this very strong very weird smell in the place. I don’t know if it was cigars or what, but I nearly choked every time I walked through the dining room to the rest rooms. Blech!

2 Likes

Interesting considering smell plays such an important role in food. I’m honestly torn, but with so many other options that won’t enforce a dress code the least I can do is pass to make my DH more comfortable.

Sanaa sounds like a must do. We never do AKL, but maybe this is the perfect time to branch out. And I will give Satu’li Canteen another turn. I remember a Bao, I think, and an impossibly hot day and an frustratingly long wait. Those don’t lend themselves to a good mood while eating. I’ll do better.

2 Likes

Sanaa is in the smaller of the two AKLs. I think it’s worth the short walk to visit the larger one. The lobby is pretty impressive and there are animal observation decks outside.

2 Likes

V&a was my 2019 Christmas gift from DH. It cost us almost $1k after tip. It was an amazing experience, but def stuffy, not to be wasted on teens.

2 Likes

No, I agree. It’d mostly be for the Wagyu beef for DH to be completely honest.

And yes, though DS has a sophisticated palate, I agree he would be much better served staying in the hotel playing on his laptop with his friends.

I’m sorry about your ID. Such a bummer! Maybe they’ll mail it back to you if someone turned it in?

1 Like

Hated it. Hated. It.

SEE! I’d never know if I didn’t ask! That’s the only reason I got him to agree to bringing slacks and a jacket.

He is a sucker for decent Wagyu. And a lot of places SAY they have it…but they have worse quality. I think I need to stay in Vegas for that, sadly. Even here, the places are touch and go. It almost takes an artist to prepare it with the attention it needs.

That is literally the only thing he’d be interested in.

I got 4 slices at a supplement of $50 a slice. I struggled through the first one and left the rest. I’ve never had Wagyu before. Either I don’t like Wagyu or it was bloody awful Wagyu. It was fatty and greasy and inedibly awful. Huge disappointment.

1 Like

I’m sure I had a thing at Tiffins that was billed as Wagyu and was spectacular.

1 Like

V&A Wagyu:

Tiffins Wagyu (?):

Paging @bswan26 — what do you think of these?

1 Like

Ah, yeah, the first is heart attack on a plate. Something right up his alley. I never order it because it’s too rich for my tastes. (I made a funny and wasn’t even trying!)

I prefer much leaner cuts. I’m pretty sure the higher the rating of Wagyu, the more tender the meat is. I do believe the rating also dictates it has a lot of marbling, but should be cooked in the fat. If I had my choice, I’d choose Tiffins, but DH would love that V&A.

From a site I found:
An A5 rating is extremely difficult to achieve. JMGA graders must train for 2-3 years before being considered competent in rating Japanese Wagyu. And even then, three expert graders must examine each carcass. Their combined score determines the final rating.

A5 is off-the-charts good. It’s the most luxurious, tender, unbelievably marbled, and decadent beef. For that reason, it’s best enjoyed in small portions due to its richness.

Tips for preparing A5 meat:

1. Slice into small strips and cook one at a time.
  2. Sprinkle just a dash of salt and pepper on the meat—it’s naturally rich and flavorful.
  3. Cook on stainless steel.
  4. Sear the meat slices approximately 1 inch by 4 inches directly on the hot surface of the pan for a minute or two.
  5. Let the fat melt out and use it to cook the meat.

That being said, if you ever have the chance to eat it after you sear it on a hot rock, I highly recommend it. It’s the only way I can eat it tbh.

This is why I waffle on whether a vip tour is worth it. As it stands, it’s basically a disney express pass w a few transportation perks. I want behind the scenes. I want to ride something after learning about the tech and story and history, which is quite different than “let’s do these 22 rides without lines” I essentially want the WAT of all of wdw.

Last March, we used rider switch to split our fast passes and I learned all of the same day drop tines. We basically rode everything we wanted over the course of several days. If you have CL FPs, 6 rides a day is great, plus good planning and a nice block of time, and you can ride everything casually and then use VIP to get more of an in depth view. But who knows what FP will look like. I would book the tours, but look at the cancelation window and see what gets announced before then in terms of fp replacement.

But I also totally get the “do whatever we want without worry” aspect of vip.love that you guys are doing this!

4 Likes

Look into morimoto Asia. A5 and a grilling rock.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/morimoto-asia/menus/dinner/

2 Likes

Oh! Thanks!

Yesterday we got a really big client to sign. One step closer :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

We normally do a couple of FP’s a day, because they don’t want anything scheduled before 2-3pm. And by the time we used them and could register for more, then all the slots were filled for the day. All of this would be solved if they would just get their tails up by 4 or 5 am our time to RD :laughing:

Because of our late start, we would get the majority of our rides done after fireworks, usually during pm EMH. That’s no longer an option, but we will still have MVMCP so that’ll hopefully take care of MK and lighten up the “must do” on tour days. I am HORRIBLE at FP’ing the other 3 parks.

I think it might be time for a spreadsheet.

2 Likes

I’m intrigued by this A5 Wagyu thing and I am quite fond of steak.

But honestly, and it might be me & my proletariat tastebuds, but no price + peppercorn sauce…
I suspect if you blindfolded me, you could serve me roadkill and mask it with peppercorn sauce and I’d be none the wiser.

6 Likes

Samesies. Olive garden was gourmet growing up. Hot dogs and walmart brand sodas all day.

2 Likes

While I’m not sure they’ve started back up again, they offer a Backstage Magic tour for 7 hours behind the scenes! It’s on my Disney bucket list, along with dining with an imagineer.

2 Likes