VIP tour options/how would you plan your day

Ok I have never done one so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I would suggest if you are doing 3 and don’t want to waste time I would do 1 of them just at MK since there are so many attractions. Then I would do 1 day at HS. For the last tour I would do a day where you do AK, Epcot, and anything you love or missed at MK and HS. My thinking is the first two days with staying in one park you should be able to do everything in those parks you would want to do and at the same time not wasting time hopping between parks.

5 Likes

How do they do transportation between parks? Car service? Disney transport?

1 Like

I think on the VIP Disney will move you between parks.

2 Likes

They take you backstage and shuttle you in a van or the like. You still have to scan passes, but you can do them backstage instead of going through security and the lines at the turnstiles. It makes hopping so much easier/quicker!

3 Likes

iirc they use cars similar to car service so like a Navigator or the other one I’m completely blanking on that SUPER popular…

1 Like

Just because you’re also a DLR guy @Jeff_AZ, that VIP just walks you over. No backstage access. But Since all 4 are fair game at WDW, the backstage just makes for easier hopping and or guest pickup at resorts (again, don’t waste the time on pomp and circumstance!!)

2 Likes

They apparently can’t help you get a BG for ROTR. I would think that means you want HS as your starting point at least one day to see if you can snag it on your own. You can park hop as much as you want and before 2 pm, so I don’t think it really matters were you start.

2 Likes

Yes! At first I wanted to do the tour specifically because I thought it would be my only way of securing a ride on RotR, so it was disappointing to see it off the table. Does Smuggler’s use FP (pre-covid)? That’s how they claim they determine availability.

1 Like

Yes. It eventually was added in like Feb 2020. I remember when it dropped on MDE and I snagged one for my March trip that never happened.

2 Likes

Also, again for DLR tours, we were also able to secure multiple turns on Matterhorn, despite it not having a FP.

In AK, I think it’ll be a half day/makeup day regardless, but I would try to snag FoP, Navi and Safari. After FoP, I may not be able to handle the backward part of EE. I’ve never done Dinosaur or Kali River and don’t know if it’d be worth taking time from the guide on. Even though I would love to end the evening with a Tree of Life show viewing, I don’t think my DH will tolerate it.

My guys love HS and would likely have no trouble filling the day with RRC or SDD. I know neither can handle ToT, motion sickness wise, but maybe I can ask if the guide will give us a more in depth tour of the queue? They may not be able to handle MMRR because of lighting either. I will need to remember to stock up on either motion sickness bands or less drowsy Dramamine, just in case they get brave.

Epcot is super easy with SE, TT, Nemo and probably the hardest to procure, Remy’s. I almost feel I can totally squeeze HS and EP in the same day, ending with Harmonious seating.

I knew I was forgetting something!! Oga’s! I’ll have to make sure to ask if we can try to get an ADR for there for snacks.

And maybe Sci-fi. Though I think I’ll have them look at the menu and pick between Sci-fi and 50’s. Melrose’s is a must do too.

1 Like

We were checking for tour shares up until the very last minute but didn’t grab one. I had made great plans so that we didn’t need the vip tour, and then we didn’t use them, so yeah, the tour would’ve definitely helped. But DH said no on the cost.i think next time I would spend way less on the room and use that $$ toward a tour.

Are you using official disney ones? I didn’t know any of the non official ones were operating anymore.

2 Likes

Sci fi was great. Definitely recommend. Food wasn’t gourmet but for theme park food it was great.

2 Likes

No real advice but sounds amazing! If it was me, I’d leave one for my last day And hit all four parks!

2 Likes

This is a good idea, to make a day of favorites!!

3 Likes

Hmmm tough call.
But we can discuss this after you adopt me.

3 Likes

Wild Africa Trek

That is all. Thank you for your time.

5 Likes

Yes, we’ll be using the official Disney ones, though if I went ahead with the off site company I know for sure I could get 3 or 4 out of him. And if I were to try to do a TP, it wouldn’t even start until after 5pm and my guys won’t wait in anything for more than 15 minutes.

I don’t know if the off site companies are still operating. I hear good things about them, and they both Disney and non-Disney are just walking FP’s, but I think I’m biased in knowing how CM’s act toward a Vest, versus someone with regular FP’s. So if there is a problem, for whatever reason, the Vest can make a call directly to Guest Services or an attraction directly, and there won’t be any pushback or extra time needed to wait. Also, we’d have the freedom to be as spontaneous as we want. Which is exactly how I’d get my DH hooked. If I spoil him, then he’s the one clambering for it next time.

We, did exactly that. We took what we would have spent on vacations in 2020 and are using that as a trade to spoil ourselves this year after such a long isolation period.

4 Likes

I do love this approach too.

2 Likes

We try to tell our DS that being our kid isn’t that bad. But I guess he gets his feeling hurt when I shove him out of the way as he’s blocking my access to Pirates.

Or when I eat all his popcorn.

Or when I won’t go back to the room early to rest.

Pfft. Kids.

4 Likes