VIP Six Flags Fiesta Texas (Now a trip report )

Has anyone ever done this? Thoughts, recommendations for or against?

2 Likes

I decided to give it a try, so I’ll report back. This is for Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas and it’s the guided tour. There was also a self-guided tour that for our party was only a couple hundred dollars more than platinum flash pass and included food and parking so probably worth it but the reviews online I could find for other six flags (I believe it was Over Texas in Dallas) said that no standard employees in the park knew what the wristbands meant and they had to get a manager every time to go up the ride exits as this is more front of the line than Flash Pass and they had to get a manager every time to get their food and it took 10 minutes and was embarrassing. The reviews I could find of the guided seem to take that issue away because the guide took care of all that including getting your food for you and it includes the paid rides and VIP seating at shows, so I just bit the bullet. I’ll tell you if it was worth the $400pp (that includes admission, premium parking, the guide, skip the line via the exit at every single ride you want to ride and you can reride just not back to back, VIP seating at shows which includes fireworks, all food and drinks and 50% off merch, and the extra cost rides).

@darkmite2 did you used to work for Six Flags? Do you know anything about these tours? Any tips if so? Thanks!

4 Likes

Here’s the official deets:

and on the ticket itself says its also includes photos:

DESCRIPTION

The VIP Experience (4 person minimum) is a private guided tour for your family or group! It includes front of the line ride privileges, valet parking, theme park admission, reserved show seating, lunch & dinner, unlimited snacks, paid attraction access & a daily photo pass!

2 Likes

This sounds great to me!

1 Like

I’ve never experience one or know of anyone who did…

As much as I love my former workplace, I am a bit hesitant to recommend anything from thm with that high of a price tag. SF calls it self The Premier Regional Theme Park company. However, I’ll always think of them as an “Amusement Park”. They do a lot of stuff “OK”, but not on an elevated “Theme Park” level.

This I totally believe. I’ve seen this issue on “media nights” when VIPs were given special “one-night” wristband “Flash Passes”. Operations isn’t great about getting the message out to the crews working the front of house.

This sounds better, but make sure you stay on top of them in advance. That’s too heavy a price tag for me to drop at SF, but I’ll be excited to hear how your trip went. I’m going to St. Louis SF this weekend!

2 Likes

We just did the self guided VIP on Saturday and what you read is absolutely true. I will do the guided one if I do it again. Also, don’t know if it’s the same at Fiesta as Texas, but the games are now run by a third party here and the Game Pass is no longer a thing. I was told tough luck at first, but when I pressed to see a supervisor, I was finally given credit for $50/person. So now I have $550 in Six Flags cash that has to be used this season :roll_eyes:. Oh, and none of the restaurants could get the scanners to work properly for the dining plan. Thankfully they all just gave us our food for free without too much of a fight.

All that said, it was a busy Saturday, we didn’t arrive until after 2, the park closed at 9, and we were able to do at least 12 rides. If I had done some pre-planning, I’m sure we could have done more. Trying to figure out where the exit was each time definitely ate up some time. But being able to choose our seats each time was amazing! So yeah, I’d buy VIP again, but only the guided one. I’d also make sure to be at the park open to close to take full advantage.

4 Likes

Thanks @kerrilux_625778 !!

Yeah, I’m glad we went for guided. One of the things about getting older and always being the one in charge is if I can afford to pay someone else to be in charge, I am more and more willing. I had SOOOOO much more fun when we did the VIP tour in Universal Studios Florida last year where someone else was leading us around and things were just taken care of. It was nice not being that person. I could relax and live in the moment and not be the one worrying about are we gonna make the next show, etc.

We plan to leave my house at 8:30am. We have to stop by a friend’s house and pick them up, but they live 5 minutes from my house and google maps says 1:20-1:50 to get there so we should easily be there by open at 10:30am. We have valet parking including. It doesn’t say if that’s only for one car but with six people and not owning a van, we’re gonna be in two cars (thankfully DS18 can drive so I don’t have to! LOL). Park closes at 9pm with fireworks show at 9pm so we’ll stay thru that because the package comes with VIP seating for that.

I got an email on Monday or Tuesday saying they would contact me today to work out details, so I guess I’m supposed to tell them our preferences. I’ll post how that works. Only shows I want to see are the Mariachis. fireworks and the Selena cover band. The other ones didn’t look very good from what I saw online (though one is brand new, and I can’t see it on YouTube, so I’ll ask the guide about its quality). Otherwise, I’ll let the kids pick all the rides which I assume means every roller coaster and the log rides, etc. We are 15 and up so there will probably not be a kiddie ride! It did say it includes the pay rides of which there are three (go karts, zipline and the bungee swing but I’ve read some things online about you get to pick one…I’ll report back).

4 Likes

I’m leaving tomorrow for St. Louis. The weather looks clear, but COLD! I’m staying with friends. If it get too cold we’ll just hangout and I’ll come back a different weekend.

Looking at my “must-do” rides now. They haven’t added too many in the last 10 years, but there’s a few!

I’m not doing any tours though. We still have friends there and might get some kind of VIP treatment unofficially. I’ll let ya’ll know…

(again… I love SF, but it’s still on the “amusement park” level of entertainment)

1 Like

You can valet multiple cars. She said either come thru together one behind the other and say the people behind you are part of your tour or split out the tickets. The quiz asked questions about which character you want to meet (Taz of course), which shows you want to see (I said mariachis and fireworks for sure and maybe the cover band) and where do you want to eat (you get two meals and unlimited snacks and they have a food festival right now cuz they obviously want to be like Epcot!) and are there any food allergies (we have one person with peanut and shellfish with an epi pen in tow). They asked ages of guests and names and she said we can talk with guide day of about ride choices.

1 Like

Yes, I agree but I have a Canadian whose only ever been to fairs/carnivals and I believe she said they have an amusement park in Vancouver and my daughter’s friend from Arizona has never been to Six Flags but he has ridden roller coasters once somewhere. So I’ve got two newbies that have definitely never seen an amusement park at the level of Six Flags let alone Disney or Universal plus they are the right demographic at 15, 16 and 2-18yos. If it was just me and hubby I probably wouldn’t go at all tbh. I could make a weekend at WDW for $2400 (which is how much this was times 6 people).

Like this is what I’m thinking they’ve been to:

2 Likes

I woke up at 6:30am on a Saturday and not for Disney!!! I got my 45 min jog in with the dogs. I passed this couple twice. Once with this dog

And then with this dog

It took a lot of will power to not tell them she was an animagus! And don’t worry the other got a 15 min lap too.

I just can’t do all three at once. I’m no dog whisperer!

We’re now on our way for the 10:30am opening. In two cars. One full of teens (15-18) and DH and I get a date drive?

2 Likes

I’m also doped up on Aleve and Less Drowsy Dramamine cuz as Tina Turner says

Some like it nice and easy and some like it rough. Six Flags is definitely for the rough lovers and I’m 40+ so drugs are required to survive a day with teens!!!

2 Likes

We received calls and texts from our guide whom I’ve saved in contacts as “Adrian Six Flags” about 30-45 min before our start. He’s waiting for us in valet parking. He informed sometimes the parking attendants don’t know VIP tour comes with valet parking and to let him know if they give us any trouble. I forwarded his contact info to DD.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yup parking lot attendant had no idea and very hesitantly gave us the pass.

3 Likes

Smooth

3 Likes

Rough aka how Ike and Tina do it!

3 Likes

3 Likes

DH we’re gonna be done at like 3 or 4 o’clock. There’s no wait time. Me: I’m so sorry you’re not waiting in line. :wink:

4 Likes

You just hang at the top about 5 seconds

So smooth.

3 Likes