Villas at DL Hotel opens September 2023

An opening date for VDH (?) has been given on the Disney Parks blog. Plus a first look at the rooms.

Duo studios themed to The Jungle Book
Studios (sleeps 4) themed to Sleeping Beauty or Tiana
1&2 beds themed to Fantasia or Tiana
GV themed to Bambi, Frozen and Moana.

Must admit, I’m not too keen on all these different themes.

It opens in September, with bookings opening in March.

DVC Members booking opens March 15th (via Member Services)
DL Magic Key holders booking opens March 16th
Public bookings open March 17th.

Which means it surely must be soon that we hear about the sales details - price, restrictions etc.

disneyparks.disney.go.com

(https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/02/the-villas-at-disneyland-hotel-reveal-first-look-at-guest-rooms/)

2 Likes

I would also like to see point charts.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it is exactly but they have a very cheap, generic feel to me. I don’t like 'em. I wouldn’t stay in anything under a 1-bedroom unless it was just me and hubby based on the sizes of those smaller rooms in the photos.

I figured it out…they look like dorm rooms.

So seemingly the Insider Magic email, which they won’t send to me, says these are cash bookings for members.

Is that how Riviera started? I realise the cash bookings will be for the undeclared rooms but surely they should be announcing sales details soon?

But the balcony areas look nice. That’s about it unless you’re getting a suite and then they look alright. But the duo and studio just no…

The DVC site now has a link to the Disney Parks blog article.

But nothing else, and it isn’t on the home page, which is weird. You’d think they’d want to advertise this loudly.

Maybe they want more time to move the other available properties? I caught that too on the parks blog and thought it was strange.

I received an email:

Thought I’d drop in to update the news.

Thanks to a DIS poster it’s now been confirmed that the Villas at DH will have the same restrictions as Riviera. In the link here, if you go down to about the 3rd post in a row by “nienguyen” you’ll see the POS with the confirmation (bolded in the heading):

We also know from the overall points allocation that at least some rooms are going to be a higher points rate that the VGC rooms. This article explains all this:

Also it states that the studios and 1-beds both sleep 5. However whereas the photos (from the DVC magazine Disney Files) of the 1-beds show the twin size Murphy bed and they are on the floor plans, the photos of the studios don’t show it. So it might be that the studios are like BCV & BWV in that regard - bring your own bedding.

3 Likes

That also all but assures that the new Poly building will follow suit.

Lame.

1 Like

I still think maybe not. VGF still sets a prescedent for not doingnit, and now that DL has the restriction, Riviera has a friend.

Agree the restrictions are lame!

2 Likes

I’m not a DVC owner so I read this as Piece of Sh!t? Is that what it means :wink:

2 Likes

Public Offering Statement. :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t think they could at VGF because it’s part of the same association. And they were stuck making it that way because ti was within the confines of already existing buildings. Kind of like CCV

They could treat Poly the same as VGF – IF they keep it as the same association. They could go the way of BRV and make the tower its own thing

I know I’m very curious to see what they choose to do

1 Like

Although I think if they had thought of the idea CCVs could have had the restriction since it was a “new resort” separate from the old WLV/BRVs ?

2 Likes

You do? Even though it was within the confines of the existing WL building? I thought that was the whole reason they couldn’t with VGF.

Is there another such example? I don’t know about BWV - was that already there or was that an addition to the resort?

I think the problem with GFVs is that they are all studios. If the Poly Tower has studios as well as 1 and 2 bedrooms I think they would be more likely to add it as a new association?

1 Like

Oh good point too.

Any new projections (based on construction progress) as to when we might see the first sales of the new Poly contracts?

At some point I am wondering if they will be concerned they have to many active resorts?

1 Like