Verandah Guaranteed room assignment

If you booked Guaranteed verandah room, how many days out was your room assigned?

@gingerSnaps543222 I believe you’re being paged

I think mine was a VGT rate, actually, and IIRC we got our room assignment about 2 weeks out?

I booked VGT. Saved $1200 from my original booking which had the 10% off placeholder discount. I did add the travel insurance at the suggestion of my TA since it became non-refundable.

1 Like

Well I booked 2 VGTs for January a few weeks ago…but I haven’t of course been assigned a room yet. I’ll let you know when it happens

“Category: VGT
Deck: To Be Assigned

“Category: VGT
Deck: To Be Assigned

for both right now.

*This is my cruise date: January 06 - 13, 2023
** This is when I booked: 7/20/22 for one and 7/23/22 for the other.

*GT is usually within 14 days of embarkation.

A specific category GTY like 8A GTY is usually further out - like 30 days or so.

BUT it can be up to at the port on embarkation day.

1 Like

So when you get the yellow tags for luggage, does it omit room number and I just add those on with a sharpie?

I’ll be leaving for Disney on a Tuesday and cruise doesn’t leave until Saturday. I can’t remember how soon I got my tags last year.

I have never done a *GT so I’m not sure - but I think the bar code links to your reservation and that is what is scanned.

Or you can just have the porters put tags on at the port when you have the cabin assignment.

1 Like

My tags had the room number on them. They only came a couple of days before I sailed

1 Like

Im on my 3rd gt. First one i never got tags, assigned 15d out. Second we got tags, assigned about 2 weeks out. Both times we got great rooms. No upgrade on the dream igt, it was a standard w no split bathroom BUT super quiet midship deck 7. For the magic vgt we went from 6a to 5c, aft deck 6 near the elevators. Awesome room.

This time we are vgt on the dec 17 fantasy. Hoping for midship since DH gets seasick and the caribbean in dec is not the med in june. Will try to get an early port arrival time and upgrade at port if not. There’s a thread on disboards where people report their assignments, dates, etc

1 Like

I’ve done it twice in the last 6 months. One was about 2 weeks out, and the other was about 8 days out.

FWIW, we always got a decent version of our guaranteed room. Nothing “awesome” or slightly better than expected. But nevertheless what we expected, so we were happy. You do always hope for something a bit better, though!

1 Like

Got my VGT room assignment yesterday, 16 days out. Got a deluxe family Oceanview stateroom with Verandah in 4E category so we have an extended verandah. Had originally booked 5A regular verandah room before switching to the VGT. Saved $1200 and got a better room than we had booked. Yay!

8 Likes

Just got our rooms

We’re next door to each other

7612 and 7614. Now I’ve got to go see where and what type that is. But yay for being next door and connecting.

It’s 5B, sleeps four but is not the family size. But it’s not obstructed so that’s nice. *Okay it’s technically a tiny bit obstructed but I couldn’t even tell that until someone mentioned that we have a sliver of white wall on the edge of the balcony.

Also my cruise is in 15 days to give you an idea of when. It’s possible the room numbers were showing up prior though cuz I have been in a tizzy lately and haven’t checked. *Okay they definitely showed up today after I called and removed my mother from one of the rooms, because in the receipt of doing that the room still said GTY. I’m not sure if me calling affected the room assignment or if it was just coincidence it happened right after.

4 Likes

Yay! Enjoy your cruise.

1 Like

Can you request them to be adjoining and connecting?

1 Like

I didn’t but the reservation numbers were connected via the website so I’m sure they tried because of that. There is probably a way to request officially.

We got our room assignment today, 24 days out from our sailing. We had a 6A GTY and got assigned a 4A room, which is awesome, except we are directly below Mickey’s pool. It’s going to be noisy but at least we have some extra space!

2 Likes

We ended up getting our assignment 16d out. A 5A but directly above cabanas. We upgraded at port to concierge! If you get there early, it can’t hurt to ask!

2 Likes

What if online there are no concierge rooms left? Maybe cancellations last minute? We got the first boarding group time.

I’ve been on 3 sailings this year. Two of them were only a third full and this one was almost full. This was the only one with in port upgrades as an option.

1 Like

I think ours was a last minute. There were 5 cabins available

1 Like