Velocicoaster Test Launch

I read somewhere else that they were ride designers and the testing is for weight load. Not sure if that’s true. Anyway, yeah I certainly wouldn’t want huge ride opening crowds for our trip in mid April, but a random, unannounced soft opening would be fine.

2 Likes

They’ve been testing with people for months, this was for filming advertisements and B-rolls.

4 Likes

This is the first photographic evidence of people on the ride, I thought?

Multiple outlets are reporting this as the first people to be on the ride.

3 Likes

First time we have footage for sure, especially during the day. But crews have been on the ride at night since November.

2 Likes

It’s on our bucket list also, I know morning rides of right after a breakdown has a slightly higher chance.

1 Like
5 Likes

Great article!!

And now…

6 Likes

Oh! I will buy tickets for June as soon as I hear!

3 Likes

June would be good for me. I figure that the month+ before its announced opening, the parks will be less crowded with people postponing trips until it arrives. We were trying for post-spring break and pre-summer break time period.

I will be at Universal the last week of May so I hope they do official open June 1st but do a soft opening in May. That way the crowds wouldn’t show up till June but I’d still get to ride. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes