Velocicoaster Test Launch

The Orlando Informer got a quick video of the new Jurassic World Velocicoaster being launched very early this morning!

https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer/status/1316340126927253504

3 Likes

Fab!

1 Like

The glimpses we got of it while at Universal made it look awesome!

2 Likes

It had better be open by mid-April or I Will Not Be Happy.

3 Likes

Here’s a new video from tonight

https://twitter.com/AmusementInside/status/1329958342672969728

Over on Lines, there was discussion about how one of the tests failed to make it over the hill…

3 Likes

Wow. Well at least it didn’t derail! I guess they should have spent more time at Epcot when they had the coaster creation simulator understanding the physics! ;-). We went to Cedar Point the summer before the rona and one of the coasters there was closed because a train ran into another train.

1 Like

It reminds me of Hulk?

Actually, it happens often with certain coasters due to wind and drag and things like that. At Cedar Point, Top Thrill Dragster frequently fails to crest the hill. It is one of DS15’s bucket list items to be on Top Thrill when it doesn’t crest! :rofl:

5 Likes

The ride in general? A bit, yes. I can’t wait to be able to ride it someday!

Looking at the video I began to question if I will make an effort in June if it is open or wait until September .

I have a Disney trip booked may 28-Jun 9 and questioning if I should make a side trip for it or not since I’ll be there so many days. But I’d kinda prefer to just stay in the world and relax those extra days.

I cannot remember which coaster is which at cedar point. We got whatever their version of fastpass is and literally rode them all in one day plus the drop towers and giant swing things and even the larger of the two kiddie coasters and the two paid for rides. My head hurt so bad and I was so exhausted at the end of that. It was something like 28 rollercoasters and high thrill rides minus the one that was broken. Why did I accept that challenge?!? But the 12yo at the time daughter had a blast so the things we do…

2 Likes

I was thinking about going over for the day but unlike Hagrid’s, it just doesn’t seem that “special” to me, based on that video. I might change my mind later but I am surprised I am feeling that way.

Yeah i used to love roller coasters and hagrids is Amazing but in the last three or four years I keep blacking out more and more often on the big ones. The Gs literally cause me to lose my vision and it’s all I can do to try and awake and keep it together which is honestly not a fun experience. Hence I’m liking wdw more and more compared to other theme parks because nothing there does that except RnR. Drop towers are fine but high speed roller coasters. It really sucks this getting old thing.

1 Like

Also did you see the digital ride thru video of velicoaster? Let me see if I can find it

1 Like

One of the reasons I moved my trip from April to August was in the hope of riding the Velocicoaster.

1 Like

In watching the video, what about it puts it on that list?

You have the sequencing wrong. The change of date occurred before I saw that video. Now that I’ve seen it I’m less excited.

I have a very strong emotional resonance with Jurassic Park, very specifically the first one.

But this coaster maybe looks like a reasonably generic “throw you around at high speed so that you have no idea what the hell is going on” type coaster, in the same category of RRR. And I hate corkscrews.

That being said, I think the idea is that you are that big fish / shark thing in the big tank thing in the first Jurassic World. Which is kinda clever. And the top hat looks like it might be fun.

1 Like

I can’t find the one i saw but I saw this really neat one that a fan made and if it ends up having that many interactions with velociraptors I’ll have the make the trip. Just For Fun: Orlando "Velocicoaster" Fan-Made POV Animation Video

1 Like