Velocicoaster Test Launch

OK, now I’m more excited.

If the theming is good and the ride is smooth, I’m all in.

I like Hulk. I don’t like RRR. I love Hagrid.

4 Likes

Thanks! If my sister goes with me most likely we will go if it is open at the end of June. We will see.

The flaw in my excitement is this: I will not wait more than — what? — an hour and a half for a ride. Which means I either skip Velocicoaster or I have to do yet another VIP tour.

Yup yup yup

1 Like

That makes me think waiting till my next official Universal trip might be better because it’ll be EP by then because I was planning on trying to wait till Epic park opens. I’ve got two Disney’s parks on my bucket list in Paris and Tokyo and Disneyland to keep me occupied for a few years once things get back to normal so I can definitely wait. I did the VIP tour for Halloween horror nights and it was amazing though. But I can’t see doing it for a regular park day when I’ve ridden everything a bazillion times and only one or two rides wouldn’t have express pass. I can’t justify that in my head.

2 Likes

I’m betting VelociCoaster will have Express when it opens.

2 Likes

Last I saw, this wasn’t scheduled until summer, and my vague memory says late summer. Has that changed?

The release only says “Summer 2021.”

Depending on how well testing goes, I think it could open anywhere from Memorial Day to Labor Day. They probably do not want a repeat of the Hagrid’s coaster, where it is down way too much every day. With the Summer 2021 opening, they are giving themselves a very wide window to open the ride, and still have it be “on time”.

2 Likes

For about less than a day they had it on their website as “Sept. 2021”. When bloggers quickly noticed they changed it to Summer 2021

1 Like

Summer 2021

1 Like

We have an early May trip planned. In my mind, I had 0% chance of it being open when we were there. Then I saw this post about the test launch, and I started to wonder. I’m not excited about the ride, since I can get my fill of thrill rides at home. … Except if it were to peel off some people from Hagrid’s.

One thing I am surprised about is that during the lockdown the amusement parks didn’t do a lot of outdoor work that was naturally social distanced. Like painting, and cleaning exteriors and working on new rides. There wouldn’t have been all those customers getting in the way and the weather was fairly nice.

When in college during the first week of classes I had to go to the Business Office and of course it was crowded. I heard one employee say to another, “We could get so much work done if these students weren’t around”

1 Like

The original plan was for a Spring opening but they’re playing it safe. I think going in May it’s totally possible the ride is open. But after Hagrid and COVID they’re being extra cautious.

3 Likes

Looks like they were testing it with the coaster lights on tonight!

https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/1348410431279419397

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Testing with actual people has begun!!

https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer/status/1353766553364426752

image image

8 Likes

Woohoo! I was sad that we had to move our trip next month to April but maybe a soft open would be happening!

2 Likes

I was just about to share the same thing! So exciting!

1 Like

Yay! Here is my wallet- please let me buy a ticket to your park :grinning:

7 Likes

We are going late April. I am not sure how I feel about it opening before our trip. On one hand it might bring more people, which is bad. On the other hand, Hagrid’s line might be low-ish if it isn’t the newest shiniest coaster.

I wonder who those people are?
They aren’t dressed like employees. Maybe off-duty employees?