Vaccination Passports- travel now while you can?

Here is my question to those who think Disney World will require a Covid 19 vaccine. Measles is a more contagious virus. Several years ago, there was a large measles outbreak traced back to Disneyland. I heard about it here in PA in the national news. Did Disneyland require proof of a measles vaccine before entering their park after that?

2 Likes

Measles is more deadly than COVID, too.

1 Like

Considering airlines are already talking about requiring it, I have to believe that they’ve already explored the legal liability of such a decision and come to a favorable conclusion.
We can armchair quarterback this all we want, but companies have massive legal teams designed to ponder exactly these questions…

2 Likes

That’s what these threads are all about :wink:.

6 Likes

First, I never said they would definitely require it. I said they COULD.
Second, there’s a huge difference between a localized outbreak and a global pandemic.

3 Likes

I thought it was the CDC discussing making it a recommendation to fly domestically. I haven’t heard anything about the actual airlines flowing through on anything at this point.

For a very good reason. Reality doesn’t matter. Perception of reality does. So even if the truth is no one has ever caught COVID on an airplane, lots of people are refusing to fly for fear if it. So, requiring proof of vaccine would help alleviate (unfounded) fears. Perception of safety rather than any actual safety is what matters!

5 Likes

Measles doesn’t take long to spread. That particular outbreak was concerning because it was spreading much faster than anticipated. Get the right people together, it could easily become a pandemic. European and American vaccination rates for measles has been declining in recent years.

1 Like

I remember the measles stuff and Disney in the news. That vaccine is 50% effective? Ultimately private companies can make whatever policy they want and the consumer will decide if they will buy and go along with those requirements.

When the measles at Disney was in the news I NEVER thought Disney was liable. But I agree with @ninjasherrie

1 Like

They may be waiting for the government to do their dirty work for them, but they ARE talking about it.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t sound like from this article the airlines themselves are willing to do a blanket vaccine requirement for all domestic flights.

Very true. My wife’s uncle, now retired, was a top lawyer for American Airlines. I should see what he thinks about this the next time we talk to him.

6 Likes

Do it!

2 Likes

I have thought this for a long time but no one ever agrees with me.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s all about the money. They could require you to wear blue hats if they thought it would make more people visit.

It’s their prerogative.

4 Likes

Definitely.
There is a lot to say about the media’s influence in accentuating fear. On a day to day basis most people don’t even think about measles. At this point none of us goes 90 seconds without thinking about this virus.
This one did shut down life as we know it and therefore it’s an all out war against the disease. It doesn’t require making sense anymore.

There wasn’t a point since last April that I was afraid to go somewhere. NY’s rules kept me from doing that. Now, I can’t even imagine going anywhere. Any experience even open right now has limitations that would suck the fun for me. It’s hard to think far enough out to what it would look like in 2022.

4 Likes

… or is that just your perception…

4 Likes

I’m now shopping for campers. :camping::minibus:

3 Likes

I am, in fact, reading book right now called The Case Against Reality, by Donald Hoffman, so your theory is entirely accurate. :grin:

3 Likes