Vaccination Passports- travel now while you can?

I’m hoping my Disney trip in November/December 2021 is the sweet spot. Most restrictions are starting to relax, but not everyone is willing to go yet.

1 Like

I don’t think the studies on kids under 12 are expected to be completed until at least 2022. They haven’t even gotten close to starting those trials yet from what I’ve read.

1 Like

All im gonna say is it cracks me up that people don’t want to travel if they have to give up vaccination records…

While walking around with the biggest privacy violator in the world in their pockets. :iphone: Your phone tracks your location, what other phones you come into proximity of, who you use it to talk to, what you say in its presence, and yes the health data you use it to access. :rofl:

13 Likes

It’s not exactly my privacy I’m worried about. I don’t think a foreign country should get to dictate my healthcare.

1 Like

I’m willing to provide vaccination records.
I’m not interested in having that vaccine.

2 Likes

Yup. I ditched Fitbit and don’t use my phone for health apps once I found out where the data was going. I still don’t know how any of that hasn’t been slapped by HIPAA or something like it. It’s privileged health information… going to someone super trustworthy like a tech company? Hah.

3 Likes

It’s crazy what’s accessible via the phone. I had to delete a number of apps (on laptop, not just take off app) to hopefully reduce data mining. And got VPN and still likely only slightly better off. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Yes we don’t know yet but …

Moderna has already started trials on kids 12-17. Pfizer has filled its slots for kids over 12 and is starting trials soon. I have read speculation that vaccines may be approved for ages 12 and up by late spring and ages 5 and up by fall.

2 Likes

A foreign country should not get to dictate the healthcare of those living in other countries. But each country should have the right to dictate the conditions under which foreigners are permitted visit in order to protect its own citizens. And if someone doesn’t like the conditions dictated by a country, then that person should not travel to that country.

19 Likes

Heck - I don’t even think my own country should dictate as much as it does… but that is certainly going to take this conversation off the rails. :crazy_face:

Once upon a time I thought I had an incurable case of wanderlust. Turns out the antidote was Covid. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :woman_facepalming: Well. Not really Covid. The side effects did me in.

:heart:

4 Likes

there are jobs that require proof of immunization. And all active-duty/reservist military are required to have all shots. My DS has, unfortunately, been given anthrax vaccine :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

That’s why I said earlier why I wouldn’t travel internationally with a vaccine passport. I agree with you.

3 Likes

Requiring employees is one thing. Requiring patrons and customers, which is what I was talking about, is another thing entirely.

3 Likes

oh yes… there is a difference… but Disney is a private corporation and they could require it if they wanted, much like they are requiring masks. And right now there is a federal mandate on masks on all public transportation. I don’t know how much farther they could take requirements on public transportation? … just thinking… if individual airlines can ban ppl from flying for life for refusing to wear a mask what else could they do?

Again, Disney would have to face liability for requiring customers to be vaccinated.

I will disagree b/c many ppl tried to subvert the mask policy by claiming medical issues for themselves or children and Disney told them wear it or don’t come (they said it more nicely). And if they required immunizations they are no more responsible for negative outcomes than the DMV is for negative outcomes of requiring a DL after issuing you a DL

5 Likes

This is why I lobotomized my cell phone. I tell people that I have a “dim phone”

Next step is to physically and temporarily disable the microphone. I need to stick something into there, and break off the cord. That is the part of phones that is really scary. They can turn on your microphone and listen. Anyone else remember the news that google had contract employees listening to cell phone recordings of people of having relations and the point of the news was that we were supposed to be shocked that it wasn’t employees but oversees contractors, as if that would have made it better.

3 Likes

I will disagree with you. A drivers license is not a medical procedure. The DMV is not a private business that needs to attract tourists and customers.

I think at this point we will agree to disagree. I stand by what I said.

1 Like

I have to agree… It’s a privilege, not a right. If they require you to be vaccinated, you can choose not to go. It’s up to the consumer to make an educated choice.
Just like there’s a disclaimer that you have to agree to now that states if you get Covid at Disney they aren’t liable.

3 Likes

That’s not watertight in a court of law, though. The courts don’t let people sign away their rights completely, and Disney can still be sued. Which is why many state legislatures are passing laws changing the burden of proof that companies did something wrong from “negligence” to “gross negligence” in the case of COVID.

And, that being the case, coupled with the lack of evidence that parks or domestic flights are even all that risky to begin with, makes me wonder why Disney or the airlines would bother with proof of immunity requirements.

Cruise ships are a different story, though.

1 Like