Updated Closure Info: WDW & Disneyland officially closed until further notice, employees paid through April 18th

So. December. I’m still crossing my fingers for December. If we are both employed and still have the means to take that vacation. :disappointed:

Also. It seems so obscure right now to even imaging what I’ll be doing in a month, let alone 9.

4 Likes

Still crying here…

Seeing the cancellations in a series of emails in a row would have crushed me. I am so sad for your disappointment.

1 Like

May check the stay at home order in CA? What’s the end date for that? I started canceling my early April trip before this announcement when my state announcement stay at home order for April 17. Figured Disney would have to accommodate my inability to travel even if they did open before then.

1 Like

I think they are also dealing with state governments all around the county. I can’t imagine what the call center is dealing with - add in if Disney gives an opening date that conflicts with the end date of a state’s stay at home mandate and things are going to get all the more stressful.

I feel your pain, my inbox looked the same this morning.

I checked. California’s order doesn’t specify an end date.

1 Like

I feel so bad for those who can’t go on their trips…so much planning and excitement. Unfortunately, Disney is in the same place as the world…no one know how long this will last and they can’t put a date out there (yet). Personally, I originally thought Memorial Day, but now I think it may be Labor Day or later.

1 Like

:disappointed:

Is there any update on cancelation policies? Will all non-refundable date based tickets become refundable or will they all automatically convert to good through December 2020?

Since this is all open ended, is everyone eligible for refunds and cancelations? Will Disney do it automatically or is it each guest for themselves?

This is a good question. Part of me wonders if the reason Disney doesn’t give an end date is because they want guests to move their trips themselves so that they can charge for the change in ticket price, rather than converting them automatically to anytime tickets. This brings in some additional revenue. If they specify an “closed until” date, then they will end up having to convert them automatically and lose out.

Of course, part of me hopes that the other part of me is wrong, and Disney is simply trying to be more realistic in thinking they have no idea!

I’m not sure on this. I have an October trip booked and my May trip on MDE at the same time. All I have to do is change over my tickets, which I can do easily all the way up to the day before the tickets start, which in my case is 5/13. I don’t have to cancel the resort hotel in May until 5 days before I believe. Although if my TA bugs me about paying full on it 30 days before, I’ll just cancel that.

Maybe for packages that may be the case.

Yes. That’s true. You can get around it, for sure…but I think Disney would LIKE IT if everyone cancelled it before the dates so that they can bring in the extra money. The way they are doing things, to me, makes the general person more likely to cancel on their own. Maybe.

Maybe not. I don’t know.

Re: date-based tickets. This is why I wish they would give a date - those with tickets 3/16-3/31 automatically got converted to any date tickets to use before 12/15. But those with tickets after have to pay to change their dates (if more)?? My backup trio is in June. Tickets will be about $140 more total. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but then what if they’re still closed in June? Then I reschedule to a time with lower prices and am just SOL with that $140? I want more details on this for sure.

I’m just going to hold out on the tickets. I imagine if they are closed, those tickets will extend. I’m sure we will get more guidance soon. It took a few days for Disney to give out information for the closure in March.

And if you look at the Disney website, there is no end date on the tickets that get an extension. It just says starting 3/12 through the closure.

2 Likes

FWIW, Birx has made comments about this potentially being seasonal, which would mean we might get a respite this summer when Disney could re-open.

The downside being that she indicated it would then likely take 3 annual infection seasons to achieve herd immunity.

But my FP day will be April 17th. So I need to move my tickets before then (right now they start 4/19).

Gotcha. Hopefully there may be some answers. I would wait as close to your FP day as possible.

My trip is rescheduled to October. Who knows what will happen by then.

My trip is scheduled 6/22 with Dave’s DVC. Guess there’s nothing to do but wait and find out? ¯_(ツ)_/¯