Updated Closure Info: WDW & Disneyland officially closed until further notice, employees paid through April 18th

From Official Disney Parks News Twitter -

1 Like

They really need to set a date for people who want/need to cancel. Even if it ends up extending beyond that date.

2 Likes

If they had any clue or sense that it would be soon, they would likely give a date to avoid having everyone cancel. But It’s not going to be soon and that’s about all they seem to know.
By not giving a date, they have to anticipate an onslaught of cancellations for upcoming months. I feel like they are resigned to that and must realize it WILL be a long time

4 Likes

About time they said something

4 Likes

I wonder what that means for rescheduling tickets. Rescheduling everything, I suppose.

1 Like

I’m not sure what does a date even means at this point? If WDW did what Universal did and said April 19, how does that help? Universal will almost certainly extend that date at some point.

2 Likes

Nobody knows when this will end, but you can expect at least 2 months if not more given that Shangai Disney has not opened yet.

I want it to open sooner than later, but personally, I wouldn’t be sad if it was closed 2-3 months as then I could go to Food & Wine again. I’m.so sad that I’m missing the week where I could have got both magnets at Flower & Garden…and Earth Day at Animal Kingdom. My AP expires July 1.

April 18th reopening would be nice. 1 in a million. So you’re saying there’s a chance!

Disney has posted that it will extend APs for as many days as the parks are closed

2 Likes

I have a Disneyland reservation for April 9th that I was waiting to cancel until it was made official. This doesn’t really help …

2 Likes

I think this means cancel. CA is reported to be on the rising slope of infections

2 Likes

I canceled end of April. Crying in my closet the rest of the day…

4 Likes

I guess that is that.

To illustrate current Cali trajectory…

Source https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

I can’t imagine anyplace will start ratcheting down restrictions until things have been stabilized a couple of weeks.

Canceled Disneyland for April 1st and WDW on April 17th. Bummer

1 Like

So, I canceled my 4/19 trip but I have a two-day park hopper in MDE currently assigned to my sister (I have an AP). What do I do with that? Do I do nothing and then I’ll be able to use the price of it down the road toward another ticket?

Yeah I’m going to cancel. I just thought they’d cancel automatically to save me the work. They probably won’t do that if there’s no end date.

1 Like

Yes, hold onto it. The person can use it and the end date will be extended. Or you can always apply the cost of an unused ticket to a future ticket purchase.

1 Like

So far they’ve been extending the date of the tickets to Dec 15th.

I would wait and see if it happens automatically. If not, you will be able to put the value towards another ticket later.

Same here. Watching all my carefully constructed plans go away was more emotionally taxing than I expected.

I’m thankful my DVC owner is so willing to help. Our plan is next April instead. He’s been fantastic to work with each step of the way.

I know there are so many more important things to worry about right now, so I’m trying not to dwell. And, well, DD will be big enough for a few extra rides next year, so… silver lining!

3 Likes