HI everyone. My DH and I are discussing inviting the GParents on our Disney Vacation. He is against it - esp for his parents. He does not what them to take over our vacation and I understand. But I also know how much it would mean to them to be able to enjoy WDW with their Gkids. With that in mind my DH wanted me to come up with some limits for the GParents to ensure they understand what we can and cannot tolerate on our trip. I have the limits listed below. Are they crazy? Am I missing anything. Is this introducing too much trouble and should we just not invite anyone? I am trying to make this work for everyone.
Limits (notes in parenthesis):
• 2 park days, maximum (We decided we need some family time without GParents)
• 1 gift for the kids, maximum (They go really nuts and we are not ok with all of that)
• Our family will follow our plan/schedule and we do not wish to separate unless it is to support naps for the baby. (They are welcome to join us or divert but we will not be changing our plans and we do not want our family splitting off into two different directions.)
• We will NOT be waiting in line to meet characters with the one exception of meeting Elsa and Anna. (This is our touring preference)
• We are happy to have 1 person stay in the room with us overnight, free, but note that we will all be sharing beds and bath. (only on GParent may be coming) If both want to stay over you need to get another room.
• TS Meals are planned and you are welcomed to join us. Cost for all meals on you (Honestly we will likely pick up some these costs but I do not want any surprises).
• Park tickets are on them (I request that they get them before our 60 day mark and link them to our MDE account for FPP).
• Transportation to the resort is on them (unless they are getting a room, in which case they can board the Disney Magical Express for free from the airport.)
• They can join us on the Disney busses to the parks and the resort for free.