Upcharge dining

Yeah, it is. I’ve personally never seen it on the Dream, but it could have been added. Probably because the Dream Class really doesn’t have a “wine bar” like Keys and the Cadillac Lounge on the Classics are.

They talked about it at a few places on the dream including the champagne bar. They said it’s more or less anywhere that someone may have ordered a glass of wine that required a bottle opened that was not used. It seems like a wise way for any bad, honestly, at sea or otherwise, to keep from wasting open bottles.

2 Likes

I’m NOT denying that it exists. Just saying I have not personally seen it on there. Perhaps it’s something they added post-COVID on the Dream Class - I didn’t really hang at the bars the cruise in May.

1 Like

This clip was from an online 2021 article, and was from the Disney Wonder French Quarter wine menu. The way it’s worded seems like it would be easy to find at any bar (including main dining room) on any DCL ship.

3 Likes

This week’s podcast is focused on Palo and Remy.

Yes I have subscribed :smiley:

1 Like

Just got my cabin assignment, and am nicely sandwiched between the spa above and staterooms below so it should be a nice quiet location. Steps away from the Cove Cafe and Quiet Cove Pool and not far from Cabanas.

3 Likes

Do you know if this applies to each port? So, can I bring two additional bottles at Nassau after bringing two during embarkation?

I am under the impression that if you buy any liquor in port, it gets stored until debarkation. But I’m definitely not clear on that. I would love to be, because reasons.

DCL policy - sounds like at each port you can bring a certain amount onboard, but it gets stored.

“Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.”

Also:

“Liquors or spirits or excess wine and beer purchased in ports of call will be stored until the end of the cruise.”

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/carrying-alcohol-onboard/

1 Like

I don’t know. I don’t drink enough to need to get more wine in port.

Liquor would be tagged and held for sure.

That’s kind of confusing… is that not contradicting itself?

It does sound that way. I never bought anything in port to bring on board, but I wondered if it would be held or I’d be allowed to keep it.

“Liquors or spirits or excess wine and beer purchased in ports of call will be stored until the end of the cruise.” is part of what that link says.

I think it means you can have access to only two bottles of wine and 6 beers during your cruise. Anything more than that may be acquired at ports, but when you bring them on board I think they can somehow tell if you’re at your limit and they just store it for you until the end of your trip. We’ve bought stuff in ports or on board, and they simply store it until the end (maybe last night??).

You can bring wine on when you board & also at a port. When you bring the wine through initially at port it’s just through security. They don’t know your name/cabin #/etc. They just know that you don’t have more than the limit. So, theoretically you can bring 2 bottles of wine or 6 beers & then repurchase at each port.

3 Likes

They had the sommelier bin at the bon voyage bar in the atrium on the Fantasy in March.

The Meridian had a happy hour from like 8-9 where a different liquor would be 20% off each night- gin one night, bourbon another, wtc.

The champagne bar had a happy hour at 10pm

Also drink of the days were much much stronger at any bar not on the pool deck. I’d usually get one in the atrium pre dinner while waiting for characters, and they were much better than the watered down premixed version by the pool.

2 Likes