Up in the air…trip report

Ditto.

I’m really enjoying your report! On our last trip there was a guy sat behind us on RRR with his arm outstretched filming the ride. I don’t know how he got his phone through the metal detectors.

4 Likes

Oh wow yeah. They are pretty strict.

1 Like

Slept in today as it’s our rest day and hotel switch day. Really simple day but we’re moving from two separate rooms in Portofino to a 2 bedroom suite in AKL-Kidani today. And look what just happened

17 Likes

Yeehaw!! I adore Harry Potter, jurassic park and thrill rides, but there’s just something atmospheric that UO doesn’t do for me. Even with the horribly annoying genie plus, I still want my magic. Welcome home.

5 Likes

I agree. I got downright giddy. I said look boys (they were on their phones playing a game with each other). They barely looked up. I said to the Lyft driver, “can you tell who this trip is for?” Lol

4 Likes

Can you tell which one was our favorite? Also they do this gluten free. Mom got her on naan and all the sauces are gluten free

Also their signature mojito is so light and not sweet. Love it! Mom loves their exclusive Elephant IPA. We all agree Sanaa is the best meal yet and Disney is better than Universal at dining. Service is incredible.

10 Likes

Yum

7 Likes

What is in the pot on the right?

:yum:

1 Like

Omg omg we’re all so excited. There’s animals from our balcony

16 Likes

Green coconut curry veggies. It was all gluten free so mom tried it. It’s so flavorful.

3 Likes

I just heard from friend this is the coolest hotel I’ve ever stayed in. And my mom is so excited.

It has such a peaceful vibe and I adore it. I get why people love this place

6 Likes

10 Likes

I said this exact thing myself!

2 Likes

My section of the villa

And the river hogs (I’m just calling em Pumbaas). They’re fast so hard to get a pic

The boys and my mom have named the zebras Rocco and Trixie

10 Likes

Also we switched to standard view 2 bedroom last night for more space and still got animals at a just a tiny bit higher price so you don’t have to get Savannah view (which I believe I’ve read). We are in Pumbaa far far down the corridor but I prefer that as the further you are from the main areas less hall noise. Given my room has no door nor does mamas I think I’m going to sleep well tonight. Our Portofino room was 2nd one from elevator and you can make out peoples convos as they walk past. Those doors do not have enough soundproof edging to make them quieter.

4 Likes

Switched from what?

1 Like

1 bedroom savanna view. That was 800 something a night and this was 1000k. So it’s a reasonable amount more for a whole ‘nother bed and bath. Three total bathrooms now!

5 Likes

Here are some photos.
2bedroom and 2nd bath also has the toilet in its own room like the master

Living room, kitchen, third full bath and laundry room in the main area. (Boys have chosen couch over 2nd bedroom as they prefer their own space and mom told me to take master since I did planning)

And our HUGE balcony

13 Likes