Up in the air…trip report

We were in a room very much like that, except ours was a pool view. We had “standard” view and I requested one of the partial savannah rooms but didn’t get it, though I did get my backup request.

1 Like

We wouldn’t want a pool view right now since they are refurbing it

1 Like

I forgot to add - I only mention so that others who are following along don’t think that getting a partial / full savannah view with a standard room is guaranteed. Very much luck of the draw.

2 Likes

I’ve been having this attitude of take what you get and enjoy it given the state of the virus who must not be named right now and the flight cancellations etc. This trip has changed so much from its original intention and we switched this room last night due to all the new availability popping up last minute plus the whole queue to even book a room. It’s why I named this trip report up in the air because it’s just kind of whatever. So far we’ve been very lucky and I count my blessings. Tomorrow might bring another story so I’m just gonna take each day as it comes however it comes but for today we were lucky to get animals. I wasn’t expecting to.

7 Likes

Did your ride photos end up showing up on AmazingPictures? Is it worth getting?

1 Like

They did. They are all above I believe so that gives you an idea of how many ride photos you’ll get. I think it’s less of a deal than at Disney. There are some more photo ops we didn’t do but not as many just hanging around.

One thing I will say on more crowded days is there is a long line to get them and I honestly wouldn’t want to spend 30 minutes in line to pick them up at the end of the rides or for some of the photo ops personally.

1 Like

We stayed in this in March of this year. It felt gigantic!!!

3 Likes

I’m not a super big fan of Boma. Thank heavens they sat us in the very back corner by the window cuz it’s packed in here and tables are very close together in places. I find it too loud and prefer Tusker House setup with sections and rooms. The food is good but Sanaa is better and even Tusker House but maybe some of that is precovid as I haven’t been to Tusker House since Jan 2020. Here’s what I attempted to eat…with my faves being the corn chowder and the passion fruit tart

7 Likes

The corn chowder is yummy there. Tusker House was a disappointment post Covid.

4 Likes

I believe you. The food was far from bad but after Sanaa it’s hard to compete

3 Likes

The bobotie is also excellent. What I found odd was the peanut rice. It was like peanut butter rice. Not bad but just weird

3 Likes

Sanaa is still fabulous.

2 Likes

Oh peanut rice. I don’t remember having that there. Sounds interesting.

1 Like

I was not a fan of my Boma dinner. I mostly ate soup, salad and dessert.

1 Like

I hit up the gift shop I was hoping for an Ariel

Also had to get the appropriate scrunch as I was using this

To

They had some locking backs too so I put them on my bag! Yay

11 Likes

Stay on theme!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The boys are too embarrassed to share their score so it’s clear the moms are the champions. I gave friend the corresponding Mickey scrunchie as his “loser” prize (I mean we’re all winners for having fun) and he’s wearing it as we speak to hold up the dreads. I have not decided for DS yet. But shhhh I’ve booked them a Savis Workshop for Sunday so they’re getting a good souvenir anyway cuz moms can’t be bad winners. :wink:

10 Likes

I found that stressful and Mimi isn’t showing up in our party which adds a couple of clicks but I got 9am Space, 1005 Jungle Cruise and 1020 7DMT

I also find it weird that info isn’t easily accessible but at least I can come back here and see if I just report it ha ha

4 Likes

We’ll we got to the bus stop at 737am after being told the first bus was approx 745am. Two EPC, two AK, and two DHS busses have come and no MK. We were first here but now it’s packed. The tv says 8:17am and I’m worried we won’t make it because they don’t form a solid line. I don’t like this Dis.

2 Likes

Oh no!

2 Likes