Up in the air…trip report

Oh yeah it happens all the time on roller coasters. I just lose vision gradually from the outsides in like tunnel vision until I can’t see at all. But I’m awake and everything. I think the Gforces create like a vasovagal response or something.

5 Likes

And you still ride?!?

6 Likes

Ditto my reaction. :joy:

6 Likes

Yup. I never claimed to be sane. Lol

6 Likes

Does anyone know why only one photo from today is loading on Amazing Pictures. I’ve scanned my thing every ride and bought a 3 day MUP. Was I supposed to get a new card for today? And if so why is one photo showing up? Do they just take hours?

Also ruins my dream of being an Astronaut I suppose. Ha ha ha.

3 Likes

At least you know what to expect I guess.

1 Like

I think this is what the kids call “metal”

Also, one of my top 10 life memories is choosing a limp bizkit song for nostalgia’s sake on rrnr and having the BEST 30 seconds ever with my baby brother. I’m still trying to convince him to go back with me.

2 Likes

They call Tom Petty metal? Lol

no no, the fact that you black out and ride anyway.

3 Likes

Ohhhh

metal = bada$$

3 Likes

Yes yes. My daughter has some weird sayings I don’t understand. I don’t speak Gen Z. Lol

Just remembered one. If something is good it’s bussin’

3 Likes

Oh that’s new to me. I have Gen z babysitters that sometimes clue me in lol

2 Likes

I’ve just updated the moms scavenger hunt score sheet. Girls challenge - Google Docs
We had a final score of 58. We were a bit tired today so we slacked a bit.

Had another great breakfast in the lounge. Walked to IOA for early entry and arrived about 804am, were in a posted 45 min line for VelociCoaster by 8:20am and off by 9am waiting longer for front row. What a way to start the day! Who needs coffee?!??

Hagrids line was already huge so we rode Forbidden Journey which made us both sick to our tummies so we rested in the outdoor seating of Hogs Head.

*that guy with the phone lol. I’m surprised he didn’t lose it

We did listen to the howler at the Owl Post on our way out of Hogsmeade for a point. Then we gathered ourselves and took a photo with Blue who tried to eat me.

Then we rode JPRiver Adventure. The pink polka dots is me.

We met King Kong with our tour guide Frank aka Jinx who said he was gonna change his name at the end of the ride cuz his luck had changed after we survived.

Then we rode Dudley and mom was impressed with my preparedness having brought flips and plastic bags to cover shoes. I, being a good daughter, let her wear my flip flops and used the bags on mine (after also putting my socks in the locker with the bag). The bags worked but one pant legs was not so successful.

Being a little wet we decided to hop on Popeye and attempt the bonus five points to stay dry. We got so lucky until the very last drop at which point all bets were off and water came rushing over all sides soaking our pants. Bags still worked on shoes which I also put up on the railing. We got our Tune Lagoon pic

Found us a Marvel autograph

And had about 25 min to lunch. Boys texted as we were walking to Hulk and asked to join us so we rode from the front row all together

With four min left to spare till our noon lunch reservation at Mythos. Best service of the trip btw! I had the sushi roll and some hot tea for my throat after all that screaming. Mom was able to get gluten free pad Thai. Boys had grilled cheese and burgers. All was good. Enjoyed their company again so much and they ours enuf they joined us in finding the troll under the bridge and riding High in the Sky Train. So we joined them for another round on Hagrids. It was posted 75 and was about an hour after going down for about 5-10 min while we were in line. Mom gave me the bike this time. Bike is better but nighttime is even better. And Drake was totally surprised by the surprise in Hagrids! We all agree VC > Hagrids > than everything else.

Then we all rode Hogwarts Express over to Kings Cross and rode Gringotts together. There are ten goblins in the bank. I walked Friend thru Knockturn Alley and he did a wand effect on the door. We dropped them off at MIB and I did some shopping for DD14 and got a voodoo pink donut. Mom wanted a break so she walked back while I did that. It was about 445. I got on the boat after a call to check in with hubby while waiting for the boat. Who should I see racing each other back to the room? Two teen boys that’s who. We literally met right as I was coming off the boat and my mom was having her club glass of wine in the courtyard waiting for the music of the night. Which by the way came on at 6:30p and not sunset like the website states (which is closer to 545pm). I got back to the room after eating my little pink while mom drank her wine and my boys are conked out.

So the moms are still going strong with a dinner at Bice outside and fireworks are going off as I type this but I can only hear them.

We’ve been able to get outdoor table at Lombards, Bice and Mythos. Only Bigfire did we eat inside. I’ll post back with my thoughts on dinner and the trip to Universal a bit later.

12 Likes

Our Bice outside table view. Dinner was scrumptious and the service was up there as well. Mom had Ossobuco and I had the ravioli with beef and mushrooms. We shared creme brûlée for dessert. I had two glasses of Italian red and my mother one since she had had her club wine earlier. We’ve just called it a night but I highly recommend Mythos and Bice as my top two dining experiences of our universal time. This hotel is so empty feeling and yet I know it’s booked out (at whatever capacity they’re doing. Maybe full?) and it’s large. There are so many peaceful quiet places to enjoy a treat or a drink and the scenery. The weather is near perfect. It is perfect temp wise but is sometimes humid thought not as humid as Florida can be. I love this time of year for these trips. Also highly recommend Jan trips.

15 Likes

Loving this TR so much!!

4 Likes

This happens to me too and my family thinks I’m nuts! I always blackout on Hulk - it’s for sure the G force.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one but sad it happens to you too. I’ve never asked a doctor, have you? I think it’s pretty harmless. It doesn’t hurt or anything just kind of disorienting.

2 Likes

I haven’t. It’s happened to me since I was a kid. I’m also prone to getting lightheaded so not sure if that’s related :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like