Up in the air…trip report

They are the only other airline that flies direct to MCO from Nashville so I have considered it (but then I get nervous and stick with what I know–SW).

2 Likes

Yeah after getting stuck between two strangers from John Wayne because I forgot to checkin exactly 24 hours (like a BG!) and literally having to focus on not having a panic attack because I’m touching two strangers and my shoulders are squeezed together I pretty much said I’m done with SWA (unless it’s the only direct or significantly cheaper).

3 Likes

I can relate. We made that mistake as a family flying back from LA (5 hour flight)–it was awful.

1 Like

Every time I take SWA with my family I vow never to fly them again. We’ve never had a horrible experience, but it’s just so stressful worrying about getting a seat together, even with family boarding. But then their low fares lure me back in and I forget why I didn’t want to book with them …

3 Likes

Ha ha ha plus two free checked bags!

2 Likes

I love Southwest and will pay that stupid charge to be auto checked only if I booked flight well in advance. Our actual flight time is about 1h10m to Disney so no big deal. Last Disney trip I paid for auto check (did not tell DH because he’s against the concept, lol). He doesn’t pay attention who gets called when, he just waits for me to say our time to board. Well guess who decided to use the bathroom right when they started family boarding (we were to be right after with only about 4 families). I then had to fess up about the charge to make him hurry. Got seated together but only because a sped walk to the podium as soon as I saw him coming back and pretended to not be able to find documents, fumble with phone etc until he made it to me. I feel bad about holding up the line just to get in front of group C but, oh well.

2 Likes

So I just booked my August flights with guess who, SWA as they were significantly cheaper (and I mean half of spirit and $400 less than Delta). But I did this too after you mentioned it and my last experience. I will now hopefully be right after A1-15 so hopefully we can sit together. I honestly don’t mind the middle seat when I can snuggle with hubby. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guess where my next trip in August is going to?

I may have to add a day if GotG is out but right now there are no days in WDW. We’ll see if that lasts!?! Anyone want to take bets?

2 Likes

Our last flight to Disney, to MCO was full but on the way back flight wasnt. What we did is DH sat by the window and I took aisle. If it got full and someone wanted the middle seat, one of us would move to the middle seat but no one took it. And DH and I got the whole row to our selves😁 the extra space was nice. Also I strategized that we get the first row available to the front of the plane. That way the straggling passengers would go to the back to see optimal seats and if they didnt find any wouldnt walk ALL THE WAY back to the front of the plane to snag the seat we left open.

4 Likes

I’ve done the aisle window seat trick and the front of the plane makes sense too. So thanks for that tip. Fingers crossed. We’ll be four but with two 15yo girls. Usually in these scenarios the kids take window and middle and I take one aisle with hubby across the aisle. Which means no snuggling but then I’m surrounded by non strangers and the kids are safe from strangers too. Only hubby takes the hit but he’s okay with it as long as he gets aisle. He’s 6’5” so aisle is very important for him.

1 Like

UO? Complete sentence good lord can someone fix that

2 Likes

Nope we’re stuck with it not liking all caps.

3 Likes

Nope it is two parts both of which are Disney. :beach_umbrella::ship:

yah!!! so exciting!

1 Like

I know…I have to have something on the books or I don’t know how I’d survive. I started looking at other beach clubs in Florida (and the Keys are high on my bucket list but that’s far from Port Canaveral) and I just couldn’t do it. I adored Vero Beach so I rented points for four nights and then we have a 3 day Wish cruise. I’m also on an email list for Adventures by Disney for 2023…so I’ve even got the next one lined up to some degree! I’ve always wanted to do one so I’m just gonna. LOL I want Japan so I can add a few nights at Tokyo Disney of course. I don’t think my Disney addiction is a problem right!!!

1 Like

This is what DH and I do too! (on SW) Doesn’t work with a full plane but we’ve had fairly good success with it.

2 Likes

Super jealous, and excited to follow along when it comes. I know a couple others here are booked also. Will definitely do this within the next year or two. Kinda bummed that it’s just doing the basic Nassau-CC route for now, but I guess that’s secondary to how awesome the ship itself should be.

2 Likes

Yeah I was too. I’ve done this loop before on the Dream and would have preferred the Caribbean loops. That’s why I added the 4 days at Vero Beach. We can do all the beach stuff there and then just enjoy the ship for the 3 days. I don’t even really want to get off but I might get off on the private island for the girls because it’s neat there. I’m thinking in Nassau will be prime slide riding time with short lines! Fingers crossed!

I also really loved Remy on the Dream and want to do this but with only 3 nights that means missing one of the main restaurants and I do not want to miss Frozen or Marvel…I’m gonna see if they can tell me which night is our 1923 night so I can skip that one since it doesn’t have an accompanying show.

2 Likes

Vero is just soooo relaxing! Dh and I have been 3 times, and I’m stalking the website to see if I can grab a couple days either before or after our upcoming trip.

2 Likes

I rented points FYI and they had availability there that wasn’t on the website for nonmembers. There was nothing left in their site but they had inn rooms with and without ocean views and studios according to DVC Availability Tool

But I booked two rooms thru Davids because they were about $100 cheaper. https://dvcrequest.com/

Also we agree but it still feels very Disney and Wind and Waves Grill is excellent. I asked DD after our 15 day trip that included BWV, Loews RPR and Vero which was her fave and she said Vero. I asked her do you want to do Disney or Vero before the cruise and she said Vero!

3 Likes