2 Likes

We beat the boys by 1 point

6 Likes

And the wait was 16 min

5 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Omg this pic is epic! The kids are not paying any attention, it looks like your mom’s mask flew up over her face, and there you are living your best life! :rofl:

9 Likes

Lol.

2 Likes

Dropped friend off at airport for his 830am flight. Took him as far as ID check at security and came home. Don’t want to jinx us but we’ve been okay getting Lyfts including for that early morning airport. We just need one more so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Morning playtime at AKL Kidani. So cute. Did ya know zebras and springbok play together?

9 Likes

6 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes

Ostrich seem to be very territorial.

7 Likes

Seriously Spirit Airlines is killing it for me. I was 1.5 lbs over and they didn’t make me take anything out or pay. I don’t understand why this airline has a bad rep. I’m a convert of SWA which is bombing lately with lost bags and delayed flights for us plus I hate their checkin/boarding lottery system.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! This is so cool! I love that place so much! Are you at Kidani? Looks like you’re on a lower floor so I’m guessing Kidani. That’s the best part about Kidani - being closer to the action.

3 Likes

One thing I read about Spirit is their airport crew for checking bags and gate attendants are 3rd party contractors so they probably don’t have a lot of incentive to be hardasses about a little overage.

4 Likes

Kidani 2nd floor which is really the ground floor. We were in Timbuktu from the lobby but I don’t mind walking and honestly prefer it for the peace and quiet. It was lovely but it was a fast paced 3-4 min walk to the lobby.

4 Likes

Last time I stayed there, we were on the 2nd floor right off the lobby. Quick walk and I didn’t find it noisy. Although, I am not a person who is bothered by ambient noise. I moved into an apartment with my kids after my divorce and found the sound of my upstairs neighbor walking around quite comforting! But I loved how close we felt to the animals!

3 Likes

Yup me too. I am bothered by the noise of people walking by in the hall when I’m trying to sleep. Not if I’m awake though or already asleep. At Portofino we were right next to elevators and it bothered me but this entire resort was quiet. Quieter than Jambo house for sure. But that lobby is gorgeous.

The animals were so wonderful. Mom got so much time with them. Everyday a few hours on the deck at least except MK day.

5 Likes

This is good to know. SW has been making me mad recently, but I have been nervous about using Spirit.

1 Like

I was too. It’s the butt of too many Trevor Noah jokes. Lol

1 Like