UOAP Hotel Discounts?

My husband and I are going to do a UO trip in September and are considering getting UOAPs since we have a family trip planned in June 2021. My question is what are the current hotel discounts for UOAPs? We were looking at their value resorts, but can’t find if they are currently offering discounts and what they look like

Thanks!

I always start at the Universal Passholder pages. See if this link works:

I’ve tried the site but the Hotels and Packages section won’t open for me

What type of browser are you using? It is opening for me using Safari.

Have you considered contacting them directly? (888) 273-1311

Or a Travel Agent? I use Storybook Destinations. It’s totally free - they get paid commission by Universal not a fee to you.

AP room discounts are only out for trips through December. Universal releases more discounts a little at a time.

You can look up discounts here. To get a sense of the price difference. Click edit to change the dates.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&langID=1&checkin=1/22/2018&nights=1&rooms=1&adults=2&children=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

1 Like

I tried the link that you shared and I still don’t see where it tells me the AP discount. Do you have to sign in as a pass holder before it shows you the difference in price?

Try this

UOAP Rates

If no AP price is listed it’s either not offered yet or are sold out.

I tried that and for my dates it does say “The requested rate is not available; however, we would like to offer you these available rates.” We were looking for June of this year. Do you by any chance know if they have released those yet? We are trying to figure out the better option for us…preferred annual pass or Park to park tickets

I’m actually doing an article right now about when you should upgrade to a UOAP for savings! During my research I found they only released UOAP rates through the end of March so far.

My suggestion is book the hotel now and lock in the rate. You can cancel anytime prior to a week before the trip, so keep watching for UOAP rates. If they drop you can then book under that rate and cancel your old reservation. Also, you don’t need to have the UOAP at the time of booking, just at the time of check-in.

3 Likes

I changed my dates a little and it looks like they have AP rates through the end of May.

This is good to know! Do you have to activate your AP before checking in? Like do I have to go to the park in the morning and go through the turnstiles before I can go to the checkin desk?

We stayed at Royal Pacific in December. We checked in and I just showed my email confirmation for the AP. We then walked over to the vacation club desk right there in the same lobby to pick up our physical APs.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

If you buy it on the payment plan you do have to activate at the park.

4 Likes

Good to know! I plan to pay up front, but I do have to go to Guest Services to exchange my one-day expired pass and upgrade to an AP. I asked in another thread and was told I could do this in the lobby to Hard Rock.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting! Great blog post @josephmatt!

2 Likes

I just saved over $700 by booking with the AP rate for my rooms in May! And it was an upgraded view room, too!

By the way - here is the exact URL I used to find the AP rates - they were hidden and didn’t pop up / weren’t easy to locate when I prodded around the site.

Universal Orlando

I then clicked on this link:

From there I could enter my dates, occupancy, etc. and virtually all the hotels showed availability. From there it was the same as the normal booking process.

This not only covers the cost of my AP but also my copy of the Unofficial Guide to UOR and my TP subscription! Thanks Seth Kubersky, @len, @josephmatt, et al. This is why I’m a Liner. :smile:

9 Likes