Universal Orlando to re-open to public June 5

Just checked now, about 17 attractions with Virtual Line. A few others plus kids rides show a 5 minute wait. Seems like they are testing the system

Question. So if you check into a ride with the ‘virtual line ticket’ using the QR code on your phone, how will this be implemented on Hulk and Rip Ride since you cannot have your phone when entering?

I have wondered this as well regarding lockers. You need your ticket to scan to open lockers…but if you have e-tickets, they are only on your phone…which means you locked your tickets into the locker that you can’t open without tickets.

1 Like

I have seen some people with a paper locker card. They use that to scan for the locker and then put it in a pocket.

I have also printed out E-tickets purchased from undercover tourist and used those to open lockers. Also, I traded in the printed e-ticket for a paper ticket from guest services.

We always have our paper tickets/AP cards and our hotel keys/express passes with us, even on the rides where you can’t take phones and such. The lockers will take any sort of card, it doesn’t have to be the park ticket. Onsite hotel keys work as well, as will any card you might have with a barcode of sorts.
You can get a paper ticket at guest services if you only have an e ticket.

2 Likes

Upon returning for Race thru NY and Fast and Furious, was scanning the code on your phone the only option or could you use your park ticket?

(I have never used virtual line on these attractions)

Either way, it seems you will have to use a paper ticket for Hulk and Rip Ride? Maybe a lanyard/holder with the park ticket in does make sense now. :thinking:

They use a finger print system to access some ride lockers (stored fingerprint when entering park). Here is a good site regarding lockers:

1 Like

The fingerprint lockers are mostly gone, thankfully.

3 Likes

Right. My understanding is that they have eliminated them.

2 Likes

They were almost all fingerprint lockers in August. I think only Hulk was a park ticket. I’m surprised they are mainly changed over. But just as well! You couldn’t have that now.

1 Like

They still had them at Forbidden Journey in January, and possibly at Gringotts but I can’t remember for sure. Hopefully they will change them out, cannot have fingerprint scanners in our new socially distant park experiences.

1 Like

They new ones are great with using a ticket, no codes or fingerprints…but they shrunk the size a whole lot which was not an improvement. They are very narrow now and don’t hold much.

2 Likes

Yes they’re ridiculously small. I only tour with a very small crossbody bag but my parents struggled!

1 Like

There are workers who are in the area who will give you a paper one to open your locker if your ticket is on your phone (in your locker). This happened to me when my phone was in the locker, and I wouldn’t be able to open my locker. This was when they first switched the lockers to scanning tickets to open instead of the fingerprints.

I used one of these for my trip last year, and was able to fit everything into the locker.

1 Like

We just changed out the bags we used to take and take less stuff now, so it worked out fine. It is a pain with drinks though, only bottled really works.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with UOR, and Volcanoe Bay will NOT require masks.
But unfortunatlly, they dont sell AP’s for just Volcanoe bay.

Guess we will just do a 3 day single park pass with the Florida Resident discount.

I don’t remember the Harry Potter dining venues previously offering Mobile Express Pick Up. Are they expanding this too?

So if you have an Express Unlimited Pass, how does that work with a Virtual Que? Never been to a park before where I had that.

1 Like

With express, there is a separate entrance. You don’t need to get into the Virtual Que, you can just go whenever you want. This is how it was before the closing, so not sure if that will still be the same when the park reopens.

2 Likes

They are doing TM previews today. A TM account on Twitter @megadis13 is there today. Queues seem well spaced out & they are even letting them ride Pterandon Flyers without a kid needed! She has descriptions of procedures and a bunch of pics in her feed! Here’s a few -

Queues for shops in WWOHP

Mythos

Hargrids Queue

6 Likes