Universal Orlando to re-open to public June 5

Did they? I think it was part of the plans for reopening, but I don’t think the dates they announced included VB. That will come at a later date…only they have the approvals already in place now.

1 Like

To clarify, I don’t know if UOR said specifically. What I meant to say is, I was surprised that Touring Plans said VB will be open. Here is the quote from their blog post:

We expect all Universal Orlando Resort parks, including Volcano Bay, to reopen.

They could be wrong, but I’m assuming they derived this assumption from something.

Hey y’all.

1. By water effects they mean the small misting and splash effects on rides. Think the spider spitting on you on Forbidden Journey, Hydroman in Spider-man, etc.
  2. Volcano Bay is listed as part of the opening plans based on the guidelines UOR provided to the county. Obviously it might not open with the rest but at this point they are planning on it.

I’ll update the article to clarify.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Are these parks doing phases so we can know when the mask requirements and social distancing will be phased out? That’s when I will go back.

1 Like

We are still seeing 20-25,000 new cases daily, so I think it will be a while.

I think it would be wrong for them to drop the mask and distancing requirements until new cases plummet. Unlike with local businesses, Disney and Universal have to worry about guests from the entire nation and eventually world.

Having said that, I still hope they eventually relax wearing masks OUTSIDE, but still require them inside and in queues.

1 Like

There was a blurry attachment on one of the news articles, and it appread that volcano bay would not require masks.

This is the article, there is a table labled OPR Covid Preventive Measures. On the left there are 3 rows. The middle row Sanitization, most of the column mention masks, under the column volcanoe bay, it does not.

If they dont require masks, i was going to get annual passes for me and family and book Adventura June 4- 7th. Hoping to hear something soon…

1 Like

They’re requiring masks.

Ha, I am your and @Wahoohokie 's opposite. Bilge Rat Barges was my very favourite ride in August, out of everything at Universal and WDW. We probably should have planned in some Volcano Bay/Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon days.

I am hoping that by the end of the time our seasonal passes get extended to (they should have ended Aug 18, so early November?) that things are under control enough that the Canada/US border is open again and that it might feel safe for a weekend trip, but I have my doubts. Even with masks I think we’re skipping our local theme park this summer, if it even opens.

3 Likes

I hope Volcanoe Bay doesnt, a wet face mask is hard to breath through… Like waterboarding…
Even if you dont have to wear them in the water, they will get wet.
I guess will find out soon…

Not UOR but Legoland explicitly says on their website that masks will not be required at their waterpark in the wet areas.

2 Likes

Maybe VB will require this

Just FYI…this is an attempt at light hearted humor

3 Likes

(Orlando Theme Parks provide proposed re-opening date at Orange County Task Force Meeting tomorrow May 21st EDIT - #98 by cherokee_jacket)

Just FYI, Governor DeSantis will be holding Covid-19 press conference at 11AM EDT

I am sure that the re-opening of Universal will be a topic covered.

Governor in his press conference stated he was going to review it.

OC Mayor has approved and sent letter onto the Governor.

https://twitter.com/AshleyLCarter1/status/1263845514912694273/photo/1

Universal has updated their site with more information. Most questions are answered there. I have also updated the TP article.

3 Likes

Hahaha…

The faq page has language that i am not sure how to interpit.

1. At Volcano Bay, will I have to wear my face covering while on the slides?

Face coverings are recommended when guests cannot socially distance. They will not be permitted on slides and in pools.

So they are only reccomened and if i am laying out on the beach area, and social distining, then i dont have too?

Some language implies you have to wear them, other language implies its optional…

Virtual Line in the UOR app is up and running if anyone hasn’t seen yet.
Looks like a few rides will initially be closed, most will have the the virtual line feature.

Two questions when reserving: How many guests in your party? What time works best for you?

2 Likes

Interesting. When I went to check there were only four rides listed, none of them the same as what you showed.