Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

It is so fast, if you blink you miss it. In fact, often people in the cabin are talking over the TM giving it, so it would be really easy to miss. I noticed in our final ride, for example, that half of the people in our cabin were chatting up things about the cabin when the TM was speaking. Only a couple of us actually paid any attention to him! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe the HE loading process from the beginning was meant to be authentic and more personal, as was in the books/movies? But I think everyone has pretty much experienced it now to change to a more efficient process. People just want to switch parks as quickly as possible.

1 Like

The Poseidonā€™s Fury outdoor queue is now open for guests to explore.

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember which podcaster said it, maybe Jim Hill, but they noted the outdoor area was originally supposed to be a kids splash area. I paid attention to the outdoor entry a lot after that and noticed the little ā€œsplash padsā€ that had been chained off previously.

The latest rumors have it just sitting there empty until after Epic opensā€¦ :cry:

1 Like

I canā€™t believe I wouldā€™ve missed this every single time Iā€™ve been on HE. I mean, weā€™re only a group of 4 and not boisterous.
Weā€™ve been on it loads. I genuinely donā€™t think theyā€™ve done it when weā€™ve been on it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had it every time. And the count thing, too. When I was there in March they even asked me to leave the train and board the next one because they somehow had too many people on the train.

2 Likes

Yes, me too.

2 Likes

I have seen someone poke their head in - presumably counting? But not speaking.

1 Like

Same, weā€™ve experienced this every time. They tell you how to access a button underneath one of the seats by the window to either call someone or trigger an emergency exit (?) I remember them doing this.

1 Like

Same.

Iā€™m so confused why weā€™re the only ones who havenā€™t seen this happen :thinking::grimacing::laughing:

1 Like

This is all absolutely brand new information to me today.

2 Likes

Must be the language barrier. :laughing:

3 Likes

I donā€™t recall ever getting the safety spiel, but Iā€™m less confident that it never happened. I am a notoriously bad listener. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You canā€™t miss the safety spiel. They seriously make eye contact with you and point/stare under the seat, basically forcing you to look down and nod that youā€™ve listened and understand! :laughing:

All I can come up with is they maybe cut corners because of staffing, or just werenā€™t thorough enough as far as making sure they visited all the train cars. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

:hear_no_evil:
More appropriate! Lol. The men in my house are like you and Iā€™m starting to wonder if itā€™s related to being male now. :wink:

Or maybes itā€™s the fact they are both ADHD?

1 Like

Todayā€™s Minion Land updatesā€¦

Minionā€™s CafĆ© is now listed on the App!! (getting closer!!)

(The newest rumor Iā€™ve heard is the ride is basically ready, but the restaurant isnā€™t)

Alsoā€¦ Iā€™ve seen reports that the hand sanitizer stations at load / unload areas of rides are being removed. Multiple were gone this morning and TMs have reported them removed from their attractions.

6 Likes

This is exciting news! My teen and I will there in two and a half weeksā€¦maybe thereā€™s a chance??

1 Like

Iā€™d love it if they brought back the minions character breakfast.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t realize Minions were edibleā€¦ :grin:

2 Likes

Of course they are! Just look!

:crazy_face:

Oh!! One more Minion updateā€¦ Theyā€™ve taken the walls down around the ā€œWelcomeā€ sign

8 Likes