Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

That looks so cool :blue_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

This is exciting! I’m hoping its one of the attractions open during HHN or I’ll have to buy a day ticket or the 3pm thing add-on? So cute! Do you think the scare zone they usually do near that area will be quite so scary with all the cute minions everywhere?

*Also, BANANA!!!

2 Likes

Any rumors on soft opening yet?

July at the earliest at this point.

2 Likes

That is not acceptable to me. Try again.

1 Like

A new Freestyle cup is available

In other news…the splashpad in CityWalk has reopened after a refurb.

9 Likes

What is the general consensus on these things? Worth it?

2 Likes

I think a budget conscious person can get their money’s worth, but for me it’s too annoying to have to carry it around and if I forget it I’ll be kicking myself if I have to pay out of pocket.

5 Likes

I agree with Jeff. I think it makes sense more for the guest that is not riding the thrill rides all day long.

4 Likes

Totally get that. Do you know if they can be used at resorts and the parks or just inside the parks?

1 Like

So me. Awesome!

3 Likes

Since all the Universal hotels are Loews owned and operated, they are totally separate from each other. There’s a hotel cup and then there’s a parks cup.

4 Likes

Oooooh got it. Thanks!

1 Like

We bought the hotel cup on third day. Should have bought it on day 1. But it was still worth it. About $20 got us several fills a day at the hotel, and some days I stick it into a strong and used it for water in the parks.

The Freestyle cups for the parks we didn’t do and it would not be worth it for us. You can always get water for free at any Freestyle machine in or out of the parks.

3 Likes

Absolutely. We get ICEES all day long!!

3 Likes

SOLD!!! I love icees!

3 Likes

mmmm coke icee

7 Likes

I’ve done both the resort cups and the park cups.
I like both.
We don’t reactivate the park cup every day, just if we think we’ll get the use of it.
For example, a day we don’t take it, we’ll likely enjoy a few WWoHP drinks that are not included in the park cups.

3 Likes

UOR is the place for them then!!
So many flavours!!!

Make sure to try the moose juice and goose juice in Seuss Landings. They’re both included in the refills.

2 Likes

Yes please! I like the resort specific design for the cup. Does that mean it can only be used at Cabana Bay or could I use it at a different resort if I wanted to explore HRH for example?

3 Likes