Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Oh noo… we are there march 7-10 only.
Anyone experiece rides ever opening early than their estimated date, even by a day?

2 Likes

Yes it has happened recently with Pteranodon Flyers and Hogwart’s Express. I think 1 day early.

:crossed_fingers: for you

Also, I’d keep an eye on JP River for reference and see if it opens on 2/3 or 2/4. (Last day of closure is listed as 2/3)

2 Likes

I’m hoping JPRA could be open a day early to go with the OIM schedule that weekend. Right now, OIM is only promising JPRA only for Saturday

1 Like

I agree, too soon. That being said, I hope others try it and review it, too. I’m curious, lol.

1 Like

I liked the offerings at OIM. It was the same beans and rice as Thunder Falls. The taco meats were average as well. I had it at the same level as Chipotle - which I like

1 Like

First half of the concert line up is out including Patti LaBelle, 3 Doors Down, Goo Goo Dolls, and Sean Paul.

5 Likes

ooooh…3 Doors Down is there when I’m there…very enticing…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Same here. I’ll be with DD25 and she already said no way is she going to that concert lol

2 Likes

If everything goes as planned, I can leave DS14 and DNephew18 and go by myself. However, my nephew may not be going at all if he doesn’t get his grades up (this kid has this Universal trip in February and a Disney cruise in April on the line and I highly doubt he gets it together enough to be able to go).

3 Likes

The Welcome sign is back!!

8 Likes

It is…rather ugly looking. :confused:

Here is the old one for comparison. The old one was WAY WAY nicer looking. I don’t get why they made this change.

6 Likes

Whereas I like the new one better… :crazy_face:

I don’t like the mixing of fonts in the former sign. Plus, the blue backdrop looks so nice compared to the bare metal.

I do miss the gold accents. I wish the lettering outline was gold or something! (maybe it is and the sun is at an odd angle in the pic)

At the end of the day, it’s just a sign. I actually get my “welcome” feelings the second I get through metal detection and on the first moving walkway!!

5 Likes

Yes. This is true. But…nit-picking is fun! :wink:

Really? Um. Okay. I can’t help but feel it looks like something you’d find on a 1996 website. It just needs some BLINK tags thrown in. :wink:

The mixed fonts before brought visual interest. But even if you just picked ONE font for the previous version, it would be better than this one. Part of it, I think for me, is that it looks very flat. They removed some of the 3D-ness with this version, and it cheapens the look.

1 Like

Looking at it more, I have to wonder if they were trying to go for more of a movie marquee look. That is sort of what it evokes for me.

1 Like

This pic shows it is gold outlined!

I’m a marketing person. I like the three tone ascetic. They’ve identified their brand’s color palate. It’s clean and easy to read… Also, the bare metal used to really blind people as they entered CityWalk when the sun hit it in the morning / mid-day.

That’s a logo you can brand across all their parks - existing and upcoming!

6 Likes

I think it looks 100% better than it has the past year :laughing:

4 Likes

:laughing:

7 Likes
4 Likes

A couple updates on the KidZone.

On the construction permit, the completion date is listed as 3/29/2024. That would indicate a late spring or summer opening for the new DreamWorks section.

Woody’s Coaster is rumored to stay, and be re-themed to Trolls. (Trollercoaster? :laughing:)

The current Curious George area is expected to be the Kung Fu Panda area including M&G’s.

And Shrek is expected to be part of the new area too.

8 Likes