Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

This report was from the same month Joe Matt visited (Sept)

Is it possible that bus transportation can vary depending on time of day and how full the bus is?

2 Likes

That would make sense.

1 Like

The buses are independent now. I’ve been in December as well and it was still separate pickup spots at CityWalk. We were never taken to Surfside, even in a bus with only a couple of people.

Tbh… I’m a Dockside guy. They’re basically the same, but Dockside is a little newer. (Plus, the rate is habitually lower than Surfside)

I am probably the person submitting all the positive reviews for Wimpy’s!!

I have a Mama Della’s reservation already. So excited to read that 100% positive score!

6 Likes

We are planning to go 4 days between 1/31 and 2/5 and I had written down Thursday 2/2 as a 6 CL, but its showing as a 9 now for both US and IOA. Any idea why that would have changed that much? Looks like TP predicted it to possibly be the first day for the Mardi Gras parade, but Universal’s website shows Feb 4 as the start of the Mardi Gras. US closes at 6:00. Seems very early for a day expected to be high attendance. What do you think would be the reason for Thursday 2/2 jumping to a 9 when there isn’t another 9 the whole month of February?

Try Dockside. I like the rooms a hair better and there’s an indoor bar.

2 Likes

Things I didn’t have on my 2023 bingo card: Cafe La Bamba had reopened with a Mexican inspired menu.

5 Likes

I saw that yesterday. Looking forward to hearing reviews on the tacos and burritos.

1 Like

I had them at the Orlando Informer Meet-up in December. It was really good. It will depend on the price point though. I enjoyed the seating as well. I have never been in there before as it is habitually closed, so I made it a point to go when I could.

I got there right after opening and the queue was fine. However, the queue was massive as I left.

If I’m passing it during the Feb. OIM, I’ll pop in. I liked it WAY more than say Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck

No prices, but a good looking menu!

4 Likes
6 Likes

It’s a mexican place that charges extra for salsa, how can they be obsessed by it? :laughing:

4 Likes

Please don’t tell me Chapek has weaseled his way into UOR while our backs were turned :crossed_fingers:t2::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was an early fan of the Pughs. They gave a honest perspective. However, now that they’ve uprooted and moved to Orlando to make vlogging Universal their livelihood they rarely say anything critical.

I enjoy the content and still will watch some of it. However, the Pughs have lead my astray more than once with their travel advice and “must have” items.

2 Likes

I think it’s one of those dumb things that’ll be changed as they adjust the menu, like how Breadbox didn’t come with a side at first.

2 Likes

Disagree. They just moved not that long ago and I have not noticed a big difference in their attitude change. They were always as positive as they could be.

Just since they moved? :thinking: I assume food items? Please elaborate.

1 Like

Ok…These are the people that convinced me that all the festival cart food was not to be missed. I fell for it multiple times last year! We all know how that went!

They’re the people that gave me all the incorrect HHN information about crowds. That I must, also, buy dated HHN tickets and exchange them for Frequent Fear later (which was unnecessary and a headache)

When they traveled from TN they would “suggest” ways to improve UOR. Now, everything is perfect all the time.

I do think that they are sweet people. I’d love to meet them!

Also…some of their “challenge” videos seem pre-planned/scripted lately.

4 Likes

Seems pretty soon to be saying it’s the best QS in the parks, I guess we’ll see…

4 Likes

Poseidon’s Fury is closed from February 2nd through February 10th. (sorry @darkmite2)

And as expected, Popeye & Bluto’s is closed for it’s annual refurb February 13th through March 10th.

2 Likes

Well, the Mardi Gras cart food used to be pretty awesome. Was that the festival you are talking about?

I believe the HHN food mainly. It’s never been as good as the Mardi Gras food.

No…it’s Mardi Gras too. That was the first one that was so disappointing. (Conch Fritters, twisted tater, beginets…all bad!)

Thanks for letting me know about Posiedon’s Fury. It’s not in my plan this time. I only have limited time and there are very few shows in my itinerary!

2 Likes