Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Nothing.

It began in 2015 as a real squirrel biting through the Christmas lights on the big tree at USF. Then TM’s began putting a stuffed squirrel into the tree just to be funny. Now Earl is an icon apparently

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks. To both you and @bebe80

2 Likes

Now I need someone to explain to me who “Churro” is!! Is this Orlando Informer’s mascot or a Universal character??!!??

CAPTION: “Look who just landed! Say hi to Churro !”

2 Likes

:laughing: I have no clue

1 Like

I’m typically not a Christmas person, but thanks to a lot of therapy I’m so excited for this one! Getting to go to Grinchmas is a big boost too. Now I find out that the All Hallows Eve Boutique is Krampus themed I’m about to burst with cheer! Plus, the final Christmas sets are in place!

I’ve blurred the pics in case you don’t want spoliers!

Oh! Earl the Squirrel’s Christmas Tree Lot is set-up in CityWalk too!

And the Green & Red Coconut Club should be open this weekend!

6 Likes

That’s what happens when you have too much money and aren’t actually funny/creative on your own.

3 Likes

Wow! @josephmatt is firing shots lately! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Update: watched both Vincent Vision & Mammoth Club’s vlog & the included ride on the Holiday VIP tour is ‘Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon’. :joy:

My daughters are sooooo excited. I’m just cracking up at the irony.

Our VIP tour is scheduled for Wednesday night. Will report back.

I like to do real-time trip reports, but it’s been a rough few weeks for the family & I. Work stress, lots of working late nights, & a physical branch move culminated into me getting strep throat on Monday and my oldest daughter getting it Wednesday night. Her 9th birthday was Thursday so she spent it at home on antibiotics.

Luckily, our docs wrote out preventive antibiotic prescriptions for my husband and youngest daughter. We’re bringing those on our trip in case either one develops symptoms, so we won’t have to spend our trip finding an urgent care in Orlando.

We’re really going to focus on family time & relaxation this vacation. It’ll be all about the holiday stuff. We have a pool cabana reserved for thanksgiving day and probably won’t even go into the parks that day.

5 Likes

Hope you all feel better and have a great trip!

1 Like

Thank you!

My patients is shot, I need to stfu lol :joy:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere as an article. I checked this morning and The Grinch Character Breakfast is completely sold out on all dates!

(There were a few scattered days left when I checked last week, but they’re gone now!)

2 Likes

Water Taxis will be temporarily unavailable from December 1 through December 7, 2022, due to dock renovation.

3 Likes

Thanks! That helps me figure out my travel plans the morning I’m going to The Kitchen. I think I’ll just Uber there this time!

1 Like

That’s over my entire trip. I was so looking forward to riding them, especially with my ankle not yet healed.

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry :cry:

1 Like

Finally found out this is the official OIM mascot. Feels a little forced, but "Hey… Why not?!? " I love characters!

2 Likes

It’s Official! Universal’s Great Movie Escape will open Dec. 9, 2022!

It’s $49.99 / person! I went through the booking process. You book for either before 6pm or after 6pm and then are given more specific choices. For two people, with tax and everything, it was $106.48

7 Likes

Very cool. I can’t wait to hear what you think.