Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

So, I don’t know why mine is different, but scrolling down more didn’t help. From the Buy Tickets/Extras menu I only had 5 options (VIP, each escape room individual tickets, and two photo packages).

But since you reassured me that it was still an option I persevered and found it.

For future reference…

From the Buy Tickets/Extras menu I had to select the option Escape Adventure under Filter Extras.
Then all four options finally appeared :partying_face:

3 Likes

Yes! We had a Liner that got us the AP discount when @matthound and group did it with me last December. You have to have the level of AP that gets those. I have a Seasonal AP and those don’t get AP discounts

1 Like

Hmmmm… mine is Power, which gets some discounts but not all.

Okay, yes 15%

2 Likes

Oh! As you can see, but for those that didn’t read all of it, you only get the AP discount when paying at the location. You don’t get it through the app

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be lots of Tribute Store vlogs tonight. If you aren’t into watching them, but wanna a peek here’s a few photos of each of the rooms!

I love the 80’s themes! Some of the HHN Merch is 80’s rock/metal designs. I’m hoping the 80’s might be a theme at HHN33! :man_shrugging:

I didn’t want to spoil all of it, but there’s some pretty neat vignettes of the Universal hit movies of the 80’s

7 Likes

How does one check in online for Cabana Bay? I have a note to do that.

I bought my hotel and tix through undercover tourist so wondering if that tweaks the process (haven’t received an email saying “get ready for your stay” like I have for our split stay second part at Hard Rock Hotel.

Headed there tomorrow!

1 Like

You’ll receive an email from Cabana Bay to check in online - not everyone receives an online check in email - seems to be random.

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

1 Like

Is the Universal tribute store in Citywalk or somewhere else?

If the timing works today, we may wear swimsuits in the late afternoon to IoA with coverups for the water rides and then try and get in line for Hagrid’s right before closing.
Dumb idea if we’ll be completely soaked? Any tips or suggestions?

It’s in USF.
It’s on Sunset Boulevard. I think just kind of diagonally across from the Horror Makeup Show.

1 Like

You’ll DEFINITELY be soaked! The rides in Toon Lagoon are fun. However, UOR goes out of the way to ensure you get drenched from head to toe.

Don’t waste the $5+ on the “people dryers” they are ineffective.

Best tip I can give is make sure you have an extra pairs of shoes with you or at the hotel. Otherwise they’re going to sopping wet & will need to try & dry out overnight

6 Likes

I can’t imagine doing them at night with no sun to dry you off afterwards.

We tend to dedicate a morning to them all, with re-rides, and then go back to the hotel to change.
Last time, we brought water shoes and rented a locker to store our trainers in while riding.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I do to! Plus, if you do them before lunch there’s, typically, no / very low waits!

5 Likes

Good thoughts @darkmite2 @Shmebulock !
We’d only do it in sandals/crocs and suits with an extra shirt. Stay tuned to find out what we do later today!!!

4 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem. Plenty of time to mostly dry off while waiting in Hagrid’s queue.

6 Likes

A new “camera” was spotted in Knockturn Alley. A new wand spot??

I know some of the gated areas in KA lead to backstage areas. I’ve seen them in use. However, the “opening” in the gate is at the right height for people to stand.

Also, over in IOA Cathy’s Ice Cream has added a new item! S’mores Ice Cream!

Plus, the NY food cart in Marvel Island has two new offerings - Chicken Empanadas & Pork Sausage

9 Likes

We found them quite effective. We had four of us using them. Didn’t get us completely dry…but went from drenched to just damp. I recommend them!

3 Likes

Here’s the official word from Universal about the Epic Preview Store opening in June!!

5 Likes

The Executive Creative Director for Epic Universe stated: “It’s set to open at the beginning of next year, before the summer”

4 Likes