Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I’ve never seen it. Actually…never seen any nighttime show at UOR other than the projection show on the Hogwarts castle when we were there in May. It was rather a disappointment. Anyhow, usually we are done and out of the parks before it even gets dark.

The fountain show intrigues me. But…I worry about the crowds. Hated the crowds for the Hogwarts castle show.

3 Likes

The crowds there are BAD! It’s the only place at UOR where I have to arrive early and “claim” a spot with my elbows pointed out to my sides.

O do have a couple places I know, as a solo, to get to where I can see OK. It’s near a set of bushes that I wouldn’t advise anyone else to do. I’m willing to put up with branches more than ppl!!

1 Like

Truer words have never been spoken. :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this has been removed from the schedule for Thanksgiving week. :frowning: :man_shrugging:

Not sure if it’s because of expected lower attendance or something else?

I don’t have a problem with this either :smirk:

1 Like

I’ve only seen it once (July '22), but it wasn’t particularly crowded for us.
I wonder if we were just lucky.

1 Like

the new show platform is significantly larger than the old one. new phowos have some segments going out towards the viewing area. I wonder what the platforms could be for.

1 Like

I do like to get down close to the lagoon at the railing right in front of Central Park. You can see the show from many areas, but this is the “straight ahead” view that I like. I’m willing to be cramped … sometimes to see it.

Other times I’ll go down the steps near Transformers…There’s benches and usually empty, but you get a “side view”

2 Likes

At UO now :grin:! No issues getting into CBBR. Checked in & picked up our APs at the vacay planning desk in 10 minutes. We’ve done the Minion Blast thing, had our frozen butterbeers, rode HE over to IOA , rose Hagrid’s - lunch lull posted 75 mins on & off in 35 - I’m a happy gal right now for sure :smiling_face:!

4 Likes

Woohoo!

3 Likes

I had given up on checking for what dates were still available for the Grinch Character Breakfast. It seemed like they would add more days / times on dates that had been unavailable.

I checked this morning and as of right now all dates are SOLD OUT!

2 Likes

What time did you get into line?

2 Likes

11:25 a.m.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been checking the Holiday tour availability once and a while, and the price just went up $20 compared to a few weeks ago! Luckily I already have my tickets.

2 Likes

Universal is really into scaling their prices based on demand / availability. It’s usually a good idea to buy that stuff early. The only downside is that it’s nonrefundable. As much as I love UOR they really don’t do refunds on tickets - I’ve tried!! :innocent:

2 Likes

It hasn’t been “officially” announced, but I’m seeing that the Grinch M&G (not breakfast) will NOT be using a Virtual Queue this year. They got a lot of negative feedback about how fast the times “sold out” last year. The M&G will be in it’s usual place at Honk Honkers. The store has been already decorated for this. Long lines are expected!

3 Likes

I enjoy a Toothsome’s milkshake from time to time… The seasonal ones can be amazing (sometimes!) This Grinchmas we get “The Letter to Santa” shake

It’s coquito ice cream (coconut), dulce de leche and a chocolate Christmas card.

I love coconut, so this is on my list of possible treats next visit!

3 Likes

That sounds amazing!

1 Like

I am also looking at a “coconut” shake at MVMCP… Maybe I’ll compare them! :rofl:

1 Like