Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I believe we may be kindred spirits!

1 Like

When we were there USF was a 9 or 10 and IOA was 8, 5, 9. On the day of the level 9 crowds at IOA, the crowds built up so quickly and became unbearable in Hogsmeade before 10:00 AM. The evening was much better. Diagon Alley in USF is not quite so bad as it’s larger (I think) - more room to spread out.

3 Likes

Do the shops stay open until the park closes?

1 Like

Yes, I think so. The wand ceremony part of Ollivanders did not stay open all the way until closing. Despite our best efforts, we were not in Diagon Alley at closing. :frowning: But I would think they want to take your money until the bitter end - right?

3 Likes

Lol. I actually enjoy the opportunity to rescue people from their poor choices. :crazy_face:

“Oh, no! What were you thinking getting in that lane?!? Let’s get you out of this predicament!” :joy:

4 Likes

Well hopefully RDing for that will work and then we will just run people over with our ECVs if we have too. lol (not really, well not on purpose but we will have 2 of them).

3 Likes

Oh! I like that way of thinking! It might save my bumper/sanity.

3 Likes

I too have pet peeves on the roads. If someone is tailgating me on a back road, I make sure to take my next turn EXTRA slow! Not sure if they actually understand why I nearly stopped on the road to make the turn though. :joy: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I also cheer for timid people trying to enter traffic in front of me. “C’mon, little white car! Be brave! You can do it!” :mega::mega::mega:

It’s a sanity saver, for sure…

3 Likes

I just had to climb in the wally world freezer door this weekend cause someone was backing their EVC up without looking. Even the employee tried to tell him to stop and he ignored them. Then got mad when they asked if I needed help.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

adding to the earlier traffic tangent…

6 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder how the 3 ft will affect operations. Will they be able to increase capacity on any attractions?

2 Likes

I would think everywhere, why not!

3 Likes

That’s seriously a lot of work. To tear out the old markers and insert smaller ones, twice as many!

3 Likes

The outdoor attractions were pretty much at capacity if I remember. But the indoor attractions were limited, some probably 50%. Good thought, I would think they can add capacity maybe not 100% but get people closer together anyway and fill some gaps in somewhat between parties.

3 Likes

At UOR this would probably not be as advantageous (for me) as it would be at WDW. If UOR increases capacity, they can probably get at least that many locals in the park, keeping lines long. If WDW increased their capacity, it would take a few months before they attracted enough guests to fully reach that new capacity. APs would probably meet only a portion of the increase.

2 Likes

No temp check and 3’ distance effective immediately

4 Likes