Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Ah! Okay. I think I do remember reading about that a while back.

1 Like

Yep, my understanding is they’re trying to resolve this point specifically right now. The actors don’t want the studios to use their likeness, even as part of merely “training” the AI, without their permission and/or compensation.

1 Like

From what I hear- and this is from a few of the production and design leads that are itching to get back to work- that an actor will get paid a much smaller wage for, lets say, a days work vs several days. That makes sense. BUT Then AI will take that “person” and use it throughout the production. Now this effects the big players too. But it short changes A LOT of actors with smaller parts and extras, putting extra $$ into already very large pockets. And with the increase usage of AI it’s getting worse and worse.

2 Likes

Yeah. And even motion capture technology used in films like The Polar Express becomes less and less necessary. I am on the actor’s side on this one.

3 Likes

Re: AI

I’m not sure this is AI, it feels like it would not pass approval by Warner Bros’s HP division. They are protective of stuff like that.

2 Likes

The next UOAP Garage Sale will take place in the Universal Orlando Team Member parking garage from November 12th - 14th 2023. The entrance to the garage sale is located on the ground floor of the parking garage.

Annual Passholders will get early access on November 11, 2023 from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Passholders who purchase something will get two free UOAP buttons (while supplies last). Proof of purchase, a valid Annual/Seasonal Pass, and a photo ID are required.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know when this garage sale thing starts on 11/12? That’s our arrival day & really hoping we can get to our resort before a mess of traffic arrives for this. TIA!

1 Like

There will be an initial “rush” of vloggers & fans in the first hour or so. After that, you can basically walk inside. They never run out of merch. They may run out of specific items, but as soon as a table is empty the TMs load it up with more merch…

I can’t find a time yet, but I haven’t watch any YT yet. I can’t find the time in writing, but maybe a vlogger says it… I’ll watch on my lunch break!

1 Like

It starts at 7:00am. FYI, the entrance is located on the ground floor of the Team Member Parking Garage.

2 Likes

Thank you! That kinda stinks for us as we would be getting there about 7 & could care less about the garage sale - we just want to get to Cabana Bay! Sounds like traffic will probably be a mess…between this & the Christmas stuff starting so late this year - not til the day we leave - I’m already a bit put out with UO :persevere:

2 Likes

Thanks!! I wasn’t sure if that was every day or just the AP preview date

2 Likes

Alicia Stella reposted images (artist’s renderings) of Stella Nova hotel from the official website. It also says the hotel opens January 21, 2025!!

https://x.com/allcentralfla/status/1722004117743141248?s=46&t=o5hb2IhktPeuVj4nnnvyVA

4 Likes

Looks pretty good. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

If you are driving to your hotel at 7am-ish I don’t think traffic will be too bad. The parking garage will be chaos from 6am - 8am…

I think you’ll be fine!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know how frustrating it can be to book trips in advance of events!! They decided to start it after Thanksgiving this year… 2 weeks later than last year!! I would be as mad if they changed HHN dates on me too!!

I have booked not knowing Private Events and Large Groups would be there. That was pretty rough. The parks are closed way too early and the hotels were a loud and chaotic!!

WOW!! I guess we really are looking at a “true” 2025 opening…not after Memorial Day or Labor Day! Exciting!!! :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

2 Likes

It also says that Epic Universe will open “later in 2025,” so don’t get your hopes up too high yet!

2 Likes

I haven’t watch the video yet!

1 Like

I’m just being a big baby :joy: - definitely 1st world problems! :crossed_fingers:we can scoot into CBBR without too much traffic hold up. We haven’t been back since Dec 2021 so we’re super excited :grin:!

1 Like

I did forget that this Garage Sale doesn’t happen in the main garage. It’s the TM garage backstage. That should make it a bit better that morning too!

You feel your feelings! You have every right to be disappointed! It’s not like you are cussing up a storm or being “dramatic” like you are proclaiming you’ll “never go back” or something weird!!

I’m excited for you too!! If there is anything Grinchmas I can pick up for you & ship - let me know!! I’ve sent other Liners UOR magnets,lanyards & etc… after they got home and wanted them later!!

1 Like

Here’s some good UOR news…

• Multiple vloggers I follow are showing that ALL the effect on JPRA are fully operational! It was so good to see the brachiosaurus at the beginning again (and moving!!)

• The Tribute Store façade was finished on Monday… AP previews are tomorrow!

• The classic cars have returned to outside Mel’s Drive thru. The restaurant is still closed for now.

5 Likes

Ooh, happy birthday to me!! :partying_face::laughing:

5 Likes